HDMI issue after latest RC FW update. (video included)
872 10 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

I first noticed this problem right after the last RC FW update. While using the HMDI I have video breakup/distortion/green screen on my USB device/iPad only, the interference doesn't occur on the HDMI device. I swapped the HDMI module with the one on my P3P which doesn't have this problem when used with the same equipment and that didn't change anything. I'm guessing this is FW related but certainly a P4 issue. This doesnt affect flyability and is really just an annoyance but I'm hoping there is a fix soon.

2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, it would be appreciated if you could provide these info :
1. iPad model:
2. IOS version:
3. Screenshot of the FW version
What's more, does your ipad work well with connecting the original usb module ?
2016-4-19
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-19 05:08
Hello, it would be appreciated if you could provide these info :
1. iPad model:
2. IOS version:

Thank you very much for your reply and queries.
1.) Apple iPad mini 4 128GB Cellular.
2.) IOS ver.9.3.1(13E238) see screenshot below.
3.) App ver. 2.7.2 see screenshot below.
The iPad works well when connected to the original port and also works well when attached to my P3P's HDMI modules USB port.

2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Cale262 Posted at 2016-4-20 00:01
Thank you very much for your reply and queries.
1.) Apple iPad mini 4 128GB Cellular.
2.) IOS ver.9 ...

Both of your drone and RC have been upgraded successfully to the latest fw right?It would be better to post a screenshot of the fw version here. Thank you.If possible, you can: 1. change to channel mode to custom mode and set the transmission quality to lower than 8Mbps  2.try an android phone to see
2016-4-19
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-19 19:02
Both of your drone and RC have been upgraded successfully to the latest fw right?It would be bette ...

Thank you again for your response.

Yes, both the drone and RC have been upgraded successfully to the latest fw.

I don't understand what you mean by "It would be better to post a screenshot of the fw version here" I have posted it above and I will post it again here.

1.) I will try and change the channel mode to custom and set the image quality to lower than 8Mbps. Is this a requirement to use the HDMI module.
2.) Trying an android phone is not an option, I have tried this on three different devices all of which are listed as acceptable devices for the application, all three have the same result and all three work with the Phantom 3 Pro HDMI module.
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Cale262 Posted at 2016-4-20 10:02
Thank you again for your response.

Yes, both the drone and RC have been upgraded successfully to  ...

It is an option for testing. Thanks for your feedback.
2016-4-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-20 10:04

Isn't that kinda what you guys are supposed to do before the fw goes out?  We don't all have Android and IOS devices around to try things.  :-(  Not trying to be hateful or spiteful here, but serious... a lot of folks are having issues on P3 and P4 with the latest fw releases and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it..
2016-4-19
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

OK I think what you wanted was the FW screenshot with all attached and on, LMK if this is what you were looking for...

I also just finished testing it on custom channel at <8Mbps and that stopped the flickering and pixelation, I guess for now that is how I will have to fly it with the HDMI in use.

Thank you for the help.

2016-4-19
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-19 20:04

It would be nice to have a whole bunch of extra devices laying around to test this stuff with but that is not very realistic for the vast majority of end users IMHO.

Again, thank you for your assistance with this issue.
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Cale262 Posted at 2016-4-20 11:04
It would be nice to have a whole bunch of extra devices laying around to test this stuff with but  ...

We will look into your case. Thanks for your information.
2016-4-19
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-19 21:17
We will look into your case. Thanks for your information.

And thank you for the assistance, while it isn't the exact fix it is an acceptable workaround. I know a lot of people complain about customer service and In a perfect world we would have the latest and greatest "Toys" come to market without any issues, I mean the P4 could be tested for several years before 99% of the glitches are worked out but I understand that isn't possible in today's competitive tech environment. It really is a breath of fresh air that people can come here, post their issues/problems and actually have DJI reps assist with solutions in this media, I can't think of a single company (not even Apple) that provides this type of service.
2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules