17007 13 2016-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike_v
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152119 ft
Canada

Hi

I wanted to change the name of the drone in the DJI Go App. is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Mike
2016-4-19
Use props
JustGoThere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

Select the menu in the top right corner of the DJI GO app
Select the "WiFi" icon...
change the info, click apply....
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Unfortunately the drone's name could not be changed after activation.
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

This is old news but I though I'd let anyone know if they wanted to change the name of their aircraft and they could not previously.
With the aircraft powered up, you will see "Device Name" in the general settings page right above "About".
From their you can change the name of the aircraft.
Change device name.PNG
2016-6-17
Use props
fans427f60c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161690 ft
United States

Attempted several times to change name. Changes do not take even though it says saved. Please advise.
2016-10-31
Use props
vwcrzy
lvl.1

United States

Yes I'm having the same problem. It won't save the change
2016-12-28
Use props
feorr1
New
Flight distance : 6004 ft

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-19 19:54
Unfortunately the drone's name could not be changed after activation.

yes it can i just did it
2017-4-9
Use props
feorr1
New

United States

vwcrzy Posted at 2016-12-28 20:28
Yes I'm having the same problem. It won't save the change

did you delete old flight logs cause mine didnt change till i deleted old flight logs
2017-4-9
Use props
feorr1
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 06:42
This is old news but I though I'd let anyone know if they wanted to change the name of their aircraft and they could not previously.
With the aircraft powered up, you will see "Device Name" in the general settings page right above "About".
From their you can change the name of the aircraft.

Side note you can only do this from an ios platform not from android version i use android had to barrow a buddy's i pad to do it . also once you change name old one will still show up at top till you delete old flight logs down side when you delete old flight logs they are gone and so is data so you lose all that data.and it resets every thing and i don't mean clear local cache i mean delete on android you choose flight log you want to delete and swipe left trash can will appear tap it and flight log is gone from app and cloud data .
2017-4-9
Use props
kyle.w
New
Flight distance : 212595 ft
United Kingdom

actually this can now be done in Android too, just did it with a mavic i bought second hand. Had to delete the flight logs under the old name, by swiping left on them, then exited the DJI GO app and power cycled the drone, then my new flight logs started being recorded under the new name
2017-10-27
Use props
Umberto4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189662 ft

Belgium

feorr1 Posted at 2017-4-9 09:57
did you delete old flight logs cause mine didnt change till i deleted old flight logs

After deleting local cache and syncronising again, the name was correct on the flight records
2019-2-12
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

Very helpful! Thank you!
2019-4-2
Use props
benhouart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15121 ft

Belgium

It worked for me, thx
2019-5-30
Use props
ManuP4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

Just to understand better, a friend of mine is not able to do that in any way!! while another friend did it naturally...
For instance, used drone, dji go app iPhone, changed name in the section described above, saved, flown, when synced with airdata the aircraft name is the one from the previous user.
Things tried, firmware refresh, deleted the app and its data.
On the dji go app there are two section, the general with the dji account name and swiping left there is the aircraft with the name saved on the app..but it isn't on airdata!
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules