DJI Go App not connecting P3P
1241 14 2016-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moffittjs
lvl.1

United States

Hello all, I recently purchased a P3P and having a weird connection issue with the app and controller. Here's the rundown
- initial start up P3P and iPhone 5(9.3.1). Everything works beautifully and have a couple of great flights.
- purchase a new iPhone 6s, restore phone from previous backup (includes go app) and it will not enter camera view keeps showing " how to connect" button...wtf!
-again try to connect my old iPhone 5 (which was successfully previously) and have the same issue, will not connect.
- completely wipe (restore from iTunes) my iPhone 5 and start as a "new phone" and SUCCESS.
- try the same thing with new iPhone 6s... SUCCESS!
Ok, now let me restore my new iPhone 6s (to have my contacts and other apps) and now the phone will not connect. Wtf
I am perplexed that the phone and go app will connect only when I start from a restore and new device.

Any thoughts?
2016-4-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Did you try completely erasing the app and loading a fresh copy?  Will be the latest 2.7.2 (which I'm not 100% is the greatest thing)...  
2016-4-19
Use props
New

United States

Im with you boss. I update my galaxy s6 and it won't work evwn though I updated my app and put new firmware in the drone itself. Couldn't figure out how to update the RC because the light wouldnt turn blue at all. Regardless I can't get live camera view to do anything. So frustrating.  
2016-4-19
Use props
Jimmy M.
lvl.1

United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-19 14:35
Did you try completely erasing the app and loading a fresh copy?  Will be the latest 2.7.2 (which I' ...

Yes I did, and it worked but only after a complete factory restore. I wouldn't be able to use any of my iCloud backups ( or it stops connecting)
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

86474 Posted at 2016-4-20 03:31
Im with you boss. I update my galaxy s6 and it won't work evwn though I updated my app and put new f ...

Please make sure USB debugging mode and MTP mode are enabled when the app connects.
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Probably these issues are related to the mobile device and their OS.
2016-4-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Jimmy M. Posted at 2016-4-20 11:11
Yes I did, and it worked but only after a complete factory restore. I wouldn't be able to use any  ...

Good to hear that it finally worked, but a lot to go through..  :-(  Are you also on the latest P3P FW (1.8?) as well or was this all with the older FW (1.7)?
2016-4-20
Use props
Jimmy M.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-20 01:47
Please make sure USB debugging mode and MTP mode are enabled when the app connects.

Does iPhone have that feature? I've not been able to see that
2016-4-20
Use props
Jimmy M.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-20 01:47

Does iPhone. Have that feature
2016-4-20
Use props
Jimmy M.
lvl.1

United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-20 05:31
Good to hear that it finally worked, but a lot to go through..  :-(  Are you also on the latest P3 ...

I was on 1.7 when I had the issue initially and thought upgrading would fix it. Unfortunately I've upgraded to 1.8 and still have same issue
2016-4-20
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Jimmy M. Posted at 2016-4-20 21:43
Does iPhone have that feature? I've not been able to see that

I think that is typically an Android setting, not IOS (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Jimmy M. Posted at 2016-4-20 21:44
Does iPhone. Have that feature

Only Android
2016-4-21
Use props
Rmr31316
lvl.1

United States

I have the same exact problem here, on the p4 spend 2 hours on the phone with an apple tech using scree share couldn't figure it out. Works as a new phone only.
2016-4-21
Use props
madhatt
New

United States

same issue here.

I own two P3Ps and as of today they are both paper weights.  the issue is concerning dji go 2.7.2 I have 3 iOS devices, two of them are running 2.7.2 and the other is running an older version.  Only the iOS device which is running the oldest version works, the new versions just show "how to connect"  DJI's "Support" department instructed me to erase my iOS device but when asked what the reasoning behind this was she could only tell me "it's what is written on my document"

I have had enough of this Chinese crapware.  If you look at the app store you'll find many recent reviews with this exact same issue... yet DJI has done nothing to resolve the issue...  anyone wanting to purchase a few P3Ps?  
2016-4-22
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

madhatt Posted at 2016-4-23 01:34
same issue here.

I own two P3Ps and as of today they are both paper weights.  the issue is concerni ...

Hi, I had the same problems with the app,
The only way I could get the blue camera button option back on the app was to connect my apple device to iTunes via PC and then backed up the device (forgot this the first time and lost all my old flight data)  then restore the device using iTunes. If I tried doing a restore via WiFi using the device itself without iTunes it wouldn't work.
Once you have restored the device reload the Go app back on and hopefully you should get the camera button option again.
I have another problem with no camera feed, and its going back to Hong Kong apparently.
Good luck hope that made some sense.
2016-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules