Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loss of signal but not recorded in the log
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richmars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209537 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Had my first loss of signal this evening (P3 A). RC beeped and I pressed RTH and it returned fine (it was about 200m away and 50m high). When I got home I uploaded to log to Healthydrones to see what happened but the only notification is the 'return to home'. The signal strength is fine, no warnings. The same when I upload to DJI. Nothing which says 'loss of signal'. Is this normal?
Thanks,
RM
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, you can play back your flight record in DJI GO app. Time skipped or the record broke when it lost signal.
2016-4-19
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-20 08:15
Hello, you can play back your flight record in DJI GO app. Time skipped or the record broke when it  ...

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I've played it back in the DJI Go app and there's no skipping. The track is complete. The only notifications are low battery temperature at the start and returning home. Nothing about signal loss, but signal loss was displayed on my tablet, and the video froze and turned black and white, and a message giving the option to  'return home' or cancel.
I'd just like to understand what happened to trigger the return to home.
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

richmars Posted at 2016-4-21 03:10
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I've played it back in the DJI Go app and there's no skipping. The trac ...

Could you sync your flight record and leave me your DJI account here? Also I need the date that this issue happened. I'll try to check your record.
2016-4-21
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-22 07:17
Could you sync your flight record and leave me your DJI account here? Also I need the date that th ...

I'm at work now but I'll do this when I get home. Date was 19th April. The first flight.
2016-4-21
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

richmars Posted at 2016-4-22 17:03
I'm at work now but I'll do this when I get home. Date was 19th April. The first flight.

what you see on the device is a 720p feed from the drone, what is recorded is on the SD card..so u can loose RC and RTH kicks in, when u watch it back from SD card there is no drop out..lightbridge ..so what is streamed back to the device through the Go App is not the same as what the camera records to the SD card within its own processing video codec
try streaming live to a You Tube channel for a challenge
2016-4-22
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This is the flight log. Nothing to say why it entered return to home
2016-4-22
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
United Kingdom

richmars Posted at 2016-4-22 21:41
This is the flight log. Nothing to say why it entered return to home

One other thing I noticed on todays flight (which was fine), the video signal channel graph was blank, just the axis. Video downlink was fine for the whole flight.
2016-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules