Battery Life Duration?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

Does anyone know what the average life of a battery has? Just a rough estimate. 100 charges? 200? 500? 1000? Want to buy extra batteries but i want to know if it's worth the extra $200.
2016-4-19
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

i have been wondering as well.  i have seen people run thru 50 cycles and battery life at 95%   main thing is taking care of them.   having them discharged if your not going to use them for more than a week down to 30-40%    more than likely age will take its toll on them before you have cycled them as well.      also lipo should be conditioned.    first 10 flights only run new batteries down to 50%   let cool then charge back to 100.   only take them down to 20 or so normally.     every 20 or so flights after initial conditioning bring the battery down to 5% or so.   just brought mine down there the other day and when i got below 10, i was only 15 feet away around 10 feet off the ground and had to keep throttle up because it just wanted to land so had to fight it
2016-4-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-20 12:25
i have been wondering as well.  i have seen people run thru 50 cycles and battery life at 95%   main ...

It is an interesting point. I have a bunch of Lithium Ion batteries I use for my power tools. I charge them, throw them about, use them till nearly flat and they are still delivering after several years use on a farm. I tend to discount all the talk of mollycoddling LiPo batteries as urban myth.

2016-4-19
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-19 22:33
It is an interesting point. I have a bunch of Lithium Ion batteries I use for my power tools. I cha ...

Lion batteries are very save,   they can take shock and most they will do is get hot and possibly smoke.    Lipo on the other hand are very volatile.   don't need to treat them like an egg shell but they cant take abuse of lion's.   you can clearly see the cells and air gaps in the p4 battery,   if they are stabbed and you short out one of the cells you do run the risk of a cascading failure with the cells.     also Lion are very stable over all,  can be drained to totally dead, and also over charged with little danger.   lipo's are never to be fully discharged.  even when they are "dead"  they still have quite a bit of juice in them.   they never completely  discharge because they can critically fail internally causing them to burn.   these are not normal worries with the "smart batteries" because of the built in protections with them.  preventing over charging and complete discharging as well.  
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

The battery life depends on the way you use, charge and store the battery.If you want more details ,you can check the safety guidelines :

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_en.pdf

2016-4-19
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-20 03:41
The battery life depends on the way you use, charge and store the battery.If you want more details , ...

Thanks for the reply! I definitely follow all of those guidelines. If someone takes good care of it, do you know a rough estimate of how many charges it would get?
2016-4-20
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

TJ10 Posted at 2016-4-20 09:12
Thanks for the reply! I definitely follow all of those guidelines. If someone takes good care of i ...

just throwing out a number hear but at least 300 fully cycled charges.   or about 2-5 years depending on how your maintain your battery  
2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules