can it avoid power lines?
6475 9 2016-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kcmusa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132067 ft
United States

I dont have a P4, wondering if the sensor can see and avoid power lines?

2016-4-19
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Short answer. No.
2016-4-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Definitely not.
2016-4-19
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Configure button 1 to deploy the wire cutters, all good !
2016-4-19
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

long answer. YES IT CAN. the best sensor on any drone is the pilot! YOU.  don't fly near them because they can also mess with signals transmisions as well.
don't rely on the sensors to avoid stuff for you,   only time the sensors should be used at all is if you are testing them to see if they work.  and if you lose signal and it needs to return home blind.  other that that watch where your drone is going,  and if your not in LOS  don't fly backwards.  also power lines normally have a tell tail sign of where they are,   usually between telephone poles!
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

No it can't. Please keep your Phantom 4 away from the power lines.
2016-4-19
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

He'll naaa to the naa naaaaa naaaaaa.
2016-4-20
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Power Lines

Power Lines

Powerlines like these on the left "NO".  Flew on both sides of these high voltage lines.  Did not have any radio interference.  Advice though, check the height of the towers with your phantom.  Then make sure the RTH height is tower height plus 5m (20ft) just in case RTH activates.  Also I prefer to fly over and not under powerlines.

2016-4-20
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-4-20 19:41
Powerlines like these on the left "NO".  Flew on both sides of these high voltage lines.  Did not h ...

always over,  never under.   if your RC craps out while under and rth kicks in.   could be a bad day.   

i have never gotten interference from high tension wires either, they do carry 50-500k volts,  which mostly has noise between .01-1,000 mhz.  phantoms operate at 2.4/5.8.   power lines at your house and on streets, are very different.   10k+ top wires but the main interference from them comes from failing shielding in the transformers.   Em interference between primary and secondary coils can mess wit you signal if shielding/grounding is bad or weak.   
2016-4-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-21 15:14
always over,  never under.   if your RC craps out while under and rth kicks in.   could be a bad d ...

Some power lines in my country carry high power control signals impressed on the power grid, and this can be an issue if you get really close to them because it can potentially overload the front end of the receiver.

BTW, your avatar keeps coming and going. It must have been talking to mine.

2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules