Response from DJI via web chat concerning inspire 1 and prop locks
2358 9 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kdesign
New

United States

This is the response I get from DJI concerning the prop locks.  You would think they would be doing everything possible for the customers that were willing to shell out 3k for the new product.  Seems like the early buyers should have received a discount for beta testing.

14:29:43

To whom it may concern, I recently purchased an Inspire 1 and in reading over information on your website it state that I am to not fly without the prop locks. Can I please have someone send these to me directly so I can use the product instead of letting it sit on the table?

14:30:48

It will release next week. If you bought it from dealer, you will need to contact with dealer for this prop lock.
If you bought it from online store, we will arrange to ship the prop lock to you automatically soon.

14:32:40

I purchased from my local dealer so your telling me that I paid almost $3000 for a new bird that the warranty is currently running on that will need to sit for over a week!?? There is no way to expidite these directly from you?

Sorry, you will need to contact with your dealer for help.

14:34:03
2015-1-15
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

1st World problems, eh?
2015-1-15
Use props
chato1974
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not trying to sound stupid but what is "prop locks"? Are the motors not spinning? are the nuts that are in the propellers not self tightening? Is the firmware not allowing the motors to run?

Can you please clarify?
I just got my Inspire last night.
2015-1-15
Use props
dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2749 ft
  • >>>
United States

@chato1974

DJI posted this earlier:

Propeller Locks
The Inspire 1’s propellers may come off during flight if they are not correctly hand tightened and environmental factors (including sand, heavy dust, or high winds) cause the motors slow down suddenly. To prevent this, DJI is offering free Propeller Locks to all Inspire1 customers.
If you ordered your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. These Propeller Locks will become available next week, and DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1 before receiving and attaching the Propeller Locks.

Source: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Nice info guys just sent my request for prop locks to the copter shop waiting for an answer.
2015-1-15
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

chato1974@gmail Posted at 2015-1-16 04:12
Not trying to sound stupid but what is "prop locks"? Are the motors not spinning? are the nuts that  ...

I would imagine that the Prop Lock will snap over the prop and then snap on the motor bottom at the seam of the motor and air frame landing rail. Just a thought as to what they may do, Or possibly a simple lock washer between the prop and motor.
2015-1-15
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yay, one more step to have to complete when launching and packing up the Inspire...
2015-1-15
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

travissrt@gmail Posted at 2015-1-16 05:06
Yay, one more step to have to complete when launching and packing up the Inspire...

I know what you mean. The I1 is a pain in The ass to unpack & pack.
2015-1-15
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which we had access to carbon fiber props and a nut on top.  End of problem.
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

they answered in mins and will ship out next week or so.
2015-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules