6518 78 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded and installed V01.02.00.16. this morning. It is causing GPS drop outs. About ever minute or two the GPS drops out for 5-10 seconds. The App still shows 5 GPS bars but the green block turns yellow and says Non GPS mode. The aircraft acts as if in ATTI mode during this time.

I flew for 30 minutes today and the GPS warning kept coming up over and over again. This is in a field with other but grass. No buildings or anything. Before this update the Inspire never had this happen.

I tried to go back to the older version but it won't accept teh older software. Don't do this update it makes your GPS intermitant.
2015-1-15
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris -

Did you update the app? I will throw 6 batteries into this update in a few hours. I will see if I can replicate this issue.
2015-1-15
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No I did not update the app. I checked with the play store and it says my pilot app is up to date. I did verify that the problem is there with the tablet turned off or on during flight. I also tried formatting the card and putting 14 on it and both the controller and the aircraft ignored it. So once you update you are stuck.
2015-1-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

OH ! BOY !
2015-1-15
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will do some testing later this afternoon. Does the LED on the craft change pattern?

Can you also please list app version.
2015-1-15
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

Hi Chris, I flew for ~ 1hour with 0.16 firmware version and old app version. Did't have problems as described by you.
2015-1-15
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just updated the app to 1.0.2 and did another flight, GPS is not working right any more. I put three hours on the aircraft on the original software and .14 with no problems. Now it not working. My last flight was 13 minutes and I had three GPS outages one lasted a full minute.
2015-1-15
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-16 05:13
Chris -

Did you update the app? I will throw 6 batteries into this update in a few hours. I will se ...

Hey Blade_Strike -

Is there an update for the app as well? Android...
2015-1-15
Use props
steph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29587 ft
France

Hello i try to update  in 2.16 result txt is cancel i restart and gimbal is crazy and the gimbal don't want calibrate there is a message calibrate failled and now i try imu calibrate it is ok compas calibrate ok and gimbal stay crazy idon't now what can i do !!!!!
2015-1-15
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes the android app is now at 1.0.2
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

ugh.........Im really nervous now ..Inspire 1 arrives tomorrow and don't know if I will touch the thing till prop locks come and the firmware is confirmed to be a good solution.

Dble ugh.
2015-1-15
Use props
havenwood
lvl.2

United States

The firmware update and new iOS app worked perfectly for me.
2015-1-15
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is a video of my screen while I am flying and lost the GPS. Notice that the mode is P-ATTI and the GPS signal is full yet the orange warning bar is showing no GPS. During most of this outage the Battery flight time remaining bar says N/A so there is something else funny going on here.

2015-1-15
Use props
dvaystub
New

United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-16 06:57
Here is a video of my screen while I am flying and lost the GPS. Notice that the mode is P-ATTI and  ...

Your link does not work.
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

havenwood Posted at 2015-1-16 06:54
The firmware update and new iOS app worked perfectly for me.

That is encouraging )
2015-1-15
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just flew 3 packs, back to back. Not a single GPS issue and an improvement over .14. No yaw issues and only a slight J hook that still needs some work. It does go away about 2mins into the flight though.
2015-1-15
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AVNes Posted at 2015-1-16 06:35
Hey Blade_Strike -

Is there an update for the app as well? Android...

yes 1.0.2, available at the playstore
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Question as my inspire 1 arrives tomorrow should I load the New updated firmware and go for it or wait a bit. I do have the old (last) version of firmware on a SD card if that's worth anything or not.

Yep a bit nervous now.. And very curious!!
Not gonna fly it outside my yard testing battery life etc..till prop locks show up, but should I load the new version and see ?

I always do a hover test or two thru each battery did that with my v2+ with a timer set as well.
2015-1-15
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blade are you running IOS or Android?
2015-1-15
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-16 09:57
yes 1.0.2, available at the playstore

Found it a bit after the post, thanks!
2015-1-15
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

travissrt@gmail Posted at 2015-1-16 09:59
Blade are you running IOS or Android?

I run mostly an Ipad air. But do use my note 4 sometimes. So I guess you can say both.

I have found that android just cant give you the fps that ios does.
2015-1-15
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was just curious if this GPS problem is limited to Android devices since everyone I've seen experiencing the problem seemed to be running Android
2015-1-15
Use props
PixelArtFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we stop doing this I think we just need a thread for people who experience GPS issue to report it in the thread and for those that have not then great this could be a isolated problem with just a few people. I hate it when I see people experience issue and they warn people to not fly or whatever just because they had a problem. Please do us all a favor and do the first step contact DJI support and second post the issue but only to inform other of the problem and to encourage to report similar issue.

You are creating more of a problem overstating your claim without knowing if its just you or a few people. Let DJI diagnose your aircraft and let them inform owner if it an issue that affect all owner or not.
2015-1-15
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

PixelArtFilms Posted at 2015-1-16 10:21
Can we stop doing this I think we just need a thread for people who experience GPS issue to report i ...

Couldn't agree more. Chris, I think of you as an informed poster on RC Groups, but this is not the way to deal with your issue. People are skittish enough without this kind of screaming headline about an issue that seems primarily to be isolated to.....you.
2015-1-15
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have only tested with Android. I don't have anything apple.
2015-1-15
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-16 06:51
ugh.........Im really nervous now ..Inspire 1 arrives tomorrow and don't know if I will touch the t ...

Same boat as you bro I am not sure if I even want to open my box.
2015-1-15
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dvaystub Posted at 2015-1-16 06:58
Your link does not work.

The link worked fine for me I watched the vid and sure enough he's right
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

mlglisson@hotma Posted at 2015-1-16 10:42
Same boat as you bro I am not sure if I even want to open my box.

What to do ..What to do..Buddy tell me about it ..lol
But so many here have had great results I'm gonna focus on that and follow protocol to the tee juicing this thing up etc. Many here have great data and I've been sucking it in like a black hole till the wee hours.
I tend to be that way when I spend 3k on a flying chopomatic just don't want to be THAT guy ..

Had that happen its funny story back about 10 years ago I bought over the coarse of one winter 4 RTF airplanes..UM.. that didn't go well and in 1 hours time I destroyed all four at the park having a bit of a laugh but learned a lot that day..Lipos explodeing on impact the whole deal ..DJI made flying easy as it gets Im gonna try a leap of faith here with not a crash under my belt with my FC40 and V2+ about 70 successful flights and this dragon dingus scares me a bit like a cobra in a Fed ex box waiting to strike my curiosity then plow its fangs into the earth.

Guess the wife will sign for it tomorrow and I get home late Saturday and maybe peek at it.

Then Sunday after the Playoff game feed it its firmware and hope for the best on Monday for a test flight.
No way its going more than 5 feet off the ground for several test sessions to exercise the battery's and observe flight characteristic's
Then back in its crate till the prop locks show up.
3000 grand is a lot of cabbage to play with like this.
2015-1-15
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-16 10:50
What to do ..What to do..Buddy tell me about it ..lol
But so many here have had great results I'm  ...

I wish you the best!
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Man me too IM sure you'll see me throw a SOS signal sometime soon on this forum..
Hope not !
You too did yours arrive yet ?
2015-1-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-16 10:34
I have only tested with Android. I don't have anything apple.

Hi Chris,
Could you pls help to send your flight log to autumn.a@dji.com?
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

^^^^ This is a good Sign Hello DJI Autumn.
BTW: anyone else notice posts on threads disappearing??
I see replys to posts that don't exist or show on the threads.
2015-1-15
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-16 11:37
^^^^ This is a good Sign Hello DJI Autumn.
BTW: anyone else notice posts on threads disappearing??

for some reason certain posts wind up out of sequence on the thread, appearing way higher than chronological order.
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Thanks I thought something was up...It sort of makes it look like the OP deleted it the post .
2015-1-15
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-16 12:08
Thanks I thought something was up...It sort of makes it look like the OP deleted it the post .

This Forum is still under revision. I'll be glad when they add "Go to First Unread."

BTW, enjoy your first flight. You'll love this machine. Even with all the "issues."
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-16 12:12
This Forum is still under revision. I'll be glad when they add "Go to First Unread."

BTW, enjoy y ...

Thanks Bud I'm all over it like white on rice when I get home Saturday evening.
Feed it its new Firmware Sunday. One of several battery's I ordered showed today that's a good sign really juiced to see this thingy.

Tell me, was it worth the wait? I have a feeling I know that answer. Is the build as cool as I think it is?
Flying a v2+ was like pushing a brick this thing looks to not only nimble but stable .
I'm still pretty stoked about this & DJI is diligent about revisions etc.
As a Veteran flyer of DJI's product this is gonna be a real treat I bet, you all help bump up the fun factor that's for sure with info abound.
I try and keep up for a older guy usually with great results cant say Im a bit worried but that's fading with its arrival is just 12 hours now.

2015-1-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Hi Pilots,
We made a careful analysis of this problem.
Actually it is not GPS problem, just the app gives the wrong hint. DJI adds more critical standard to compass checking in latest firmware, it will switch to NON-GPS mode when compass data is abnormal during flight. You can judge from the LED of aircraft, RED and YELLOW. As for gps signal, pls refer to GPS bar in APP.
We will correct this wrong hint ASAP!
2015-1-16
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Version 14 of the firmware worked perfectly for me. I hope the next version is more like that. As it is now the compass/GPS drops out way too often.  
2015-1-16
Use props
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-1-16 20:16
Hi Pilots,
Actually it is not GPS problem, just the app ...

Is this just with Android?
2015-1-16
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-1-16 20:16
Hi Pilots,
Actually it is not GPS problem, just the app ...

So is this a problem with the firmware or the App?  Just curious which will need to be fixed to address the issue.  I don't plan on flying my inspire until I receive my prop locks and hear better reports about the firmware issues being resolved.  Which sucks because I have a nice machine sitting in a nice case and can't use it.
2015-1-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules