2201 8 2016-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64934 ft
Italy

Goog evening to everyone.
I have two gimbal dji Zenmuse Z15 and I'm trying to set one of this Z15 to work "alone" because I'd like to use it as a steadicam in my hands and not on the drone.
My question is: with this setting "stand alone" can it work? I'm having problem to set the radio: the gimbal starts but non way to move it with the radio.
I belive that the Z15 does not need the flight control (eg wookong m) because all the elettronic is already on board. Correct?

The setting I'm using is:
1 Zenmuse Z15
1 Zenmuse controller GCU
1 sony nex 7
1 radio graupner mz 24 (in case I have also mx 16)
1 receiver graupner GR 24
1 lipo 4 s for zenmuse

I connect the chanel out 8 of receiver (PPM) to aux 3 on the zenmuse controller.
I set "SUMO 12" on the radio graupner...

...but It doesn't work!

I have an other zenmuse fixed on a dji S900, futaba (no ppm but normal) and it work also if I disconnect the cable from the zenmuse controller and the drone.

Sorry for my english I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Thank You

2016-4-20
Use props
TBMbrandon
lvl.2

United States

If I'm not mistaken the GCU still needs input from a compass via CAN-BUS to properly calculate the heading.
The gimbal does have internal IMU but they are for the motor axis not for orientation of direction.

Without being connected to a FC system on a specialized rig it might be hard to actually gain control off of an airframe.  
2016-4-22
Use props
igoris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 742028 ft
Russia

I have z15 working without FC with full controls over RC. Everything works, just connect it to the assistant and check all the inputs from radio.
The only thing I can't solve is loss of free mode after upgrading to 3.0 (z15 GH-4)
2016-4-22
Use props
info
lvl.2
Italy

Thank you very much for your help.
Igoris can you tell me how you connect the zenmuse controller to the radio? Channel 8 out of the receiver graupner gr-24 in Aux 3 on zenmuse controller? Sumo 12 setting for PPM?
2016-4-23
Use props
igoris
lvl.1
Russia

I've got the other radio - Turnigy, works fine. I connected RC to zen with 5 wires (including shutter and mode).
2016-4-24
Use props
info
lvl.2
Italy

I'll try with 5 wires too. I'll let you know
2016-4-24
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
Japan

've got the Z15-GH4 and when not connected to the FC the modes, free and follow, don't work correctly.  When I started moving the copter around the gimbal's motors started grinding as well.   DJI just dropped the price of the A2 from $1,300 to $530.  If you look on eBay you'll probably be able to soon find a used one for a couple hundred dollars.  You might try attaching one to the handheld if the modes aren't working correctly.
2016-4-25
Use props
igoris
lvl.1
Russia

Timonroecg thank you! I will try this, before the upgrade it worked well without FC, now drifts and free mode lost. DJI support is so poor, they told me to send the whole gimbal to HK.
2016-4-25
Use props
info
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Without FC IMU and PMU the radio transmitter used to move the zenmuse does't work!
When you lite on the zenmuse z15 you must have a FC (with imu and pmu) connected. Once is started and you can move the gimbal true the radio you can unplug the FC and it keeps working until you turn it off.
2016-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules