Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Round Customers - More like Beta Testers?
1286 10 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blip
lvl.2

United States

Deleted...
2015-1-15
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

Sorry you've had such a terrible experience. I've had a predominantly positive experience and don't share your angst. I don't think I'm due any compensation for being in the first wave.
2015-1-15
Use props
BInspireD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205955 ft
Netherlands

Completely agree on your statement and I would like to add other things:

- No iOS app available in App store, had a lot of trouble obtaining a link which installs app through some back door...
- updating app doesn't work at all, had to figure out that removal and complete reinstall is the only way
- iOS version is still below 1.xxxx so we ARE beta testing
- in 1 week 2 giant firmware updates which would/should prevent crash/fly away
- the charger comes with 2 plugs, 1 for manual and 1 for battery. In the manual it clearly states don't charge at the same time, instruction video tells me it can be done, how convenient? Which should I trust?

I have been "at work" on this copter for several hours updating firmware, apps, reading and watching YouTube movies to be shure its safe and will land in one piece. Insane for a "ready to fly" quad riced at €2.899.- and is not my idea of "fun"...

Glad I haven't sold my Phantom2 yet.
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

BInspireD Posted at 2015-1-16 06:40
Completely agree on your statement and I would like to add other things:

- No iOS app available in  ...

I'm with you mine arrives tomorrow and  not too settled about it at all..

I don't know what to do as far as the firmware etc...bummed right now for all who are having issues.
2015-1-15
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

The props can come out with high gusts of wind (in the eventuality that the motor and the props rotate in opposite directions for a few seconds)

2015-1-15
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

I got mine today and have had 2 successful flights. There are some bugs and questions that need to be worked out but so far I'm happy with the new flying machine. It is a beast and needs to be treated as one. So many more options to pay attention to compared to the Phantom 2. I've been taking small flights and paying attention to how it fly's and responds to the controls.
2015-1-15
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

gizadog, DJI sent an email today advising people to ground their units until they receive propeller locks. I hope you realize that you are taking quite the risk.
I wish you the best of luck and safe flights!
2015-1-15
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

Blip Posted at 2015-1-16 07:26
gizadog, DJI sent an email today advising people to ground their units until they receive propeller  ...

If you tighten then properly, you should not have a problem.
2015-1-15
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

gizadog@gmail.c Posted at 2015-1-16 07:38
If you tighten then properly, you should not have a problem.

I agree. However given the statement by DJI, in the event you were to lose a prop, you could be held liable for all damages. I think DJI would wash their hands because they already said not to fly until the locks arrive.
2015-1-15
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

DJI would definitely wash their hands. Plus you can lose a prop at any height, at any point. You would have little to no control as to where the drone goes plummeting towards the Earth @ high speed and would most likely face severe charges if it hurt anybody.  And get a lawyer and such.

... While DJI does demonstrations at CES about how great and ready to fly their drone is.

2015-1-15
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Please someone  explain to me how does self tightening prop come off during flight?  I get that the props might became loose under a hard motor stop, but that's why you re-tighten before the next mission. What am I missing?
2015-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules