OSMO Pro New Firmware Version v1.1.0.10 - What's new?
11892 74 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ariajalali@gmai Posted at 2016-4-25 18:16
ok. i understand - any idea when the x5r firmware might be released then? thank you

Sorry!
I have no idea about when the X5R firmware would be released right now.
Please pay more attention to our website for any further update.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ariajalali@gmai Posted at 2016-4-25 18:32
also just to clarify, its alluded to many times - even in this thread. look to the instructions you  ...

Hi,
Inside the X5 camera, there's a visible fan as well.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

LForster Posted at 2016-4-25 19:26
There is so much mixed information concerning this update. DJI should be clear about it from the ons ...

Sorry for any confusion.
please refer to our public official announcement for any accurate information.
If you have any doubt, please contact us freely for the confirmation!
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Don Farese Posted at 2016-4-26 07:08
Still no support for 360 spherical panoramic?

Not this one, unfortunately.
For any further information, please pay close attention to our website.
Thanks for your concern!
2016-4-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

This thread is so confusing I think my head is going to explode
2016-5-15
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

I have a question. I have not updated my Phantom 3 Professional nor DJI Go App in a while (on purpose). I just picked up an Osmo last week and its telling me to update to the latest firmware. So the question is since the Go App is being used by two of my devices, if I update the Go App for the Osmo will that automatically update to the most recent firmware for when I use the app with my Phantom 3?

Thanks!
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chuck1906 Posted at 2016-5-16 02:35
I have a question. I have not updated my Phantom 3 Professional nor DJI Go App in a while (on purpos ...

Hello!
The DJI GO App will not upgrade the firmware of your drone automatically without your confirmation!
If the DJI GO App is the latest version, you'd better upgrade the firmware of your drone or Osmo to the latest versions for the best compatibility between them.
Thanks!
For any question, please contact us freely.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-16 01:36
This thread is so confusing I think my head is going to explode

Hello!

If you have any question, please let me know.
We'll try our best to explain to you.

Thanks!
2016-5-15
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Hi all !
I'm the happy owner of an Inspire Pro X5 , and I've just ordered the kit handle+DJI adapter. They should arrive in few days !

I think I've found the good place for my question... cause I've not find the answer I'm looking for.
DJI states that:
- If you get the kit handle + adapter, you have to upgrade the camera with a specific FW, to support the handle. OK
- After upgrading the camera, the X5 can still be used on the Inspire. Ouf... (I don't want to change the FW each time I change the X5 )

OKay
Now. What level of FW I have when I mount my X5 on the Inspire again ? Is it the last level of the X5/Inspire FW ?
Or - do I risk a regression on my Inspire with my X5/Osmo, vs my current X5/Inspire that works fine ?
I ask the question, because the priority for me is the Inspire, not the Osmo (less crash risk on the Osmo than on the Inspire ^^)
Since the Osmo Pro is now released with its new adapter, it means that from now, the FW upgrades of the OSMO Pro have to be synchronized with the FW upgrades of the X5 Inspire. Means, each time a new FW X5 Inspire is released, the other one will be released at the same time, so that they are both at the right level.
If it's the case, I'm fine
Sorry for my english
Cheers from France
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

spongedid Posted at 2016-6-4 02:06
Hi all !
I'm the happy owner of an Inspire Pro X5 , and I've just ordered the kit handle+DJI adapter ...

Hello.
Thanks for using DJI products and welcome to our Forum.
Since the X5 camera is compatible with both Inspire and the Osmo, as long as you keep their firmware up to date, there won't be problem with them.
Once you receive your Osmo handle kit and the X5 adaptor, after mounting the X5 on it, please update the firmware to the latest Osmo Pro firmware  v1.1.0.10 firstly. Just as stated in this thread, after the Osmo Pro firmware upgrade, the X5 camera can be still used to the Inspire Pro.

If you have any question, please let me know.
2016-6-3
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
France

Hi DJI-Adela,
Thanks for your answer.
So, looking at the download files I see that the last X5/inspire FW was made on 07 April and the last X5/Osmo on 21 April -> I guess the Osmo FW is at least (for the camera part) at the same level of the Inspire one and there is  no risk of regression, and it will be the same in the future.
Thanks also to mention that the first thing to do is to load the Osmo FW in the X5 before trying to connect to DJIGO.
The process looks clear ...
And anyway, I guess that if I have problems with the Osmo I can reinstall the Inspire version.
I've just to wait for my kit now.
Have a good day !
2016-6-4
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

Does the Osmo need to be updated to the latest firmware even if we don't have the X5 camera?
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

RegDawg Posted at 2016-6-5 01:23
Does the Osmo need to be updated to the latest firmware even if we don't have the X5 camera?

Hello, RegDawg
The latest firmware for "X3+handle" is still v1.6.2.10 up to now.
If you don't have the X5 camera, you don't have to (can't) upgrade it to Osmo Pro firmware.

Thanks.
2016-6-5
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
France

Hi all,
The situation I was speaking about happens today.
- A new Inspire Pro FW is released (improves Video processing, D-Log, stability, Focus)
- Nothing for the Osmo.
Soooo... What's the choice ? Improved behaviour on the Inspire, but Osmo not working anymore... Or keep the old FW Osmo but no camera improvements on the Inspire ?...

That is the question
I guess (hope) a new Osmo FW will follow soon.
Anyway, I'm still waiting for the adaptor, I can do nothing with the Osmo at the moment :/....
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

spongedid Posted at 2016-6-14 03:04
Hi all,
The situation I was speaking about happens today.
- A new Inspire Pro FW is released (improv ...

Thanks for your update.
If you have a Inspire, please keep the firmware up to date for the new updates.
The Osmo will catch up with the trend, please don't worry.

About the X5 adaptor, please email to onlinesales@dji.com for any detail.

If you need any help from us, please let me know.
2016-6-13
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
France

Hi Adela,
Thanks for your answer.
Do you mean, if I install on my Inspire Pro the last FW released yesterday, the Osmo with the X5 will still work with this FW ?
It's a little bit confusing, I was thinking that the Osmo requires a specific Osmo Pro FW... maybe it's only the first time
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

spongedid Posted at 2016-6-14 15:19
Hi Adela,
Thanks for your answer.
Do you mean, if I install on my Inspire Pro the last FW released y ...

Hello, Spongedid
If you want to use the X5 camera with the Osmo handle, you do need to install the latest Osmo Pro firmware.
If you've upgrade your Inpire Pro to the latest firmware which was released on 2016-6-13, the same X5 can still work normally on the Osmo Pro with the Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10.

Thanks.  
2016-6-14
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-14 10:46
Hello, Spongedid
If you want to use the X5 camera with the Osmo handle, you do need to install the ...

Will there be a new OSMO PRO firmware?
2016-6-14
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
France

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-14 11:46
Hello, Spongedid
If you want to use the X5 camera with the Osmo handle, you do need to install the ...

Hi Adela,thanks for your answer.
So, practically (if I understand well)  it means that the Osmo FW has just to be installed once and after that, we can reinstall the Inspire X5 FW and it will still work on the Osmo.
In other words, the Inspire FW includes several modules (camera, ESCs, GPS, Battery,...). I guess the so called 'Osmo FW' is just an additional module for the handle and the DJI Go interface.
The new Inspire FW will work on the Osmo because in the last release, there is no change in the Osmo 'modules' and therefore there is no need to generate a new Osmo Pro FW.
Sorry to be long about this subject, it's just to understand how it works and do at best in the future
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2016-6-15 03:31
Will there be a new OSMO PRO firmware?

Hello, dopeytree
I'm not very sure if the next Osmo Pro firmware is coming, but I assure you that our engineers will be working on it to provide our customers with more updates and improvment in the foreseeable future.

Thanks
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

spongedid Posted at 2016-6-15 06:02
Hi Adela,thanks for your answer.
So, practically (if I understand well)  it means that the Osmo FW ...

Hi spongedid,
I dont want to mislead you.
You're right, the Osmo FW just need to be installed once, after that, you can upgrade your Inspire Pro with the same X5 to the latest FW and the X5 will be still working on the Osmo handle.
However, I'm afraid I won't agree with you very much on your statement: "The new Inspire FW will work on the Osmo", please note that the Inspire FW only works on Inspire while the Osmo Pro FW is for Osmo Pro only. Well, both of them are compatible with the same X5. When the X5 is mounted either on Inspire or the Osmo, it can be recoganized correctly. (It's a little complicated)

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-14
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
France

Thanks Adela.

I got an adapter X5 today
FW installed without problem, (I guess). Solid green, log file OK
But I have another problem : I cannot activate it.
- My phone (Nexus 5) can be connected in wifi with the Osmo with the password 12341234. When I open DJI Go (2.8.1 android), nothing happens. No activation request, no access to camera view. I can only select the view of the devices, and after, nothing is possible except see the page 'how to connect the Osmo". Exactly like if nothing is seen by DJI Go
- Second option. I have an Ipad2 without 3G/4G. With the Ipad, I can connect in wifi to the Osmo, I can see the window for the activation request, which requires of course an internet connection. Problem : with the Ipad I can connect to internet only with the wifi, and the wifi is used by the Osmo .....
Its crazy :/ !!!!
2016-6-15
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-15 04:05
Hello, dopeytree
I'm not very sure if the next Osmo Pro firmware is coming, but I assure you that  ...

Hi Adela could you ask when focus peaking is coming to the OSMO - It already works nicely in the Inspire bit of the App.
2016-6-15
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
France

Fixed !
I found the activation tuto and I followed the steps. You've just to switch the wifi connections to get the activation work. Osmo, then internet, then osmo again.
All works fine with the Nexus 5 and the ipad2.
Next step : install the Inspire Pro update
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

spongedid Posted at 2016-6-16 06:00
Fixed !
I found the activation tuto and I followed the steps. You've just to switch the wifi connect ...

Thanks for your confirmation.
It's great you figured out everything.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2016-6-16 05:54
Hi Adela could you ask when focus peaking is coming to the OSMO - It already works nicely in the I ...

Hello Dopeytree,
Thanks for your concern.
I'm afraid I can't give you an exact release date about the focus peaking. This demanding of Focus peaking has been reported to our R&D department, it may take some time for our engineers to look into it, we need to take serious consideration always.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-15
Use props
anth.ony.bien.c
New

Spain

Hi DJI,

Hi,  I just receive my osmo and X5 adapter. When i try to update with the last firmware, i see blinks red twice on camera statut indicator. The update is not working.  Can you help me to solve this issue please?

Kind reagards,
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

anth.ony.bien.c Posted at 2016-6-18 20:23
Hi DJI,

Hi,  I just receive my osmo and X5 adapter. When i try to update with the last firmware, i  ...

Hi
Have you followed the upgrade guidelines and the tutorial video in the first place of this thread? More than one attempts may be needed to get it work correctly.

To figure out the issue, more details would be helpful.
Thanks.
2016-6-18
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>

when does the X5 for Oslo adaptor coming in the Netherland,my god, almost one year!!!
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-21 06:03
when does the X5 for Oslo adaptor coming in the Netherland,my god, almost one year!!!

Hello Vincent,
For your question, you may email to marketing@dji.com or sales@dji.com for any possible answer.

Thanks.
2016-6-22
Use props
vincentlublink
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>

Whats new??????????????

first start selling the damm adaptor for the X5 on the Osmo over here in the Netherlands after a year.
Than start talking about new!!!
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

vincentlublink@ Posted at 2016-6-25 08:20
Whats new??????????????

first start selling the damm adaptor for the X5 on the Osmo over here in th ...

Hello.
If you are interested in the X5 adaptor, could you please visit the official DJI online store for relevant information: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-x5-adapter
If you want to purchase one from your local dealer, please contact your local authorized agent directly.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-26
Use props
fansf75a2e7a
New
Flight distance : 165617 ft

United States

I put to .bin file on the sd card but when I turn on the osmo nothing happens.  No update.  Just powers on like normal.  WTF. this is a little stressful.  I just bought the focus hand wheel and thats why I am even doing this update.  Need help.  
2017-5-3
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where's panorama mode???
2017-5-4
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-24 17:38
No, the X5 camera doesn't support timelapse.

Can you please ask dev team to implement time-lapse & 360* panoramas. It really is simple & not a technical problem. They could make it work with just the 15mm & 12mm lenses to start with to keep it even easier. Any camera can do these things. Its a question of giving a little time to support your older products.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules