Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Complet GPS Signal loss within 1 second
807 9 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just wanted to testflight my brand new Inspire RAW (arrived yesterday). FW up to date, overal Status says "normal"...
I get about 12 to 17 Satelites as with my old inspire on this place.
But with the new Inspire, it loses all satelites within less than a secon for no reason (hovering in 5 meters altitude - no obstacles, trees, powerlines etc)...
Sometimes it gets back all satelites a few seconds later but it also happens, that it dont get not just one satelite for about 5min...
Then from one second to the other all 12 - 17 satelites are back again...

Already checked the cable going to the gps - they are all fine and straight in the plug...

Any idea or somebody experienced the same strange Thing?

Cheers Florian
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would delete and  re- install  the Go app for sure.  What are you using (Device - I pad or Droid ? )  for the Go App?  Make sure you have the most current version for your particular  Device

Are you loosing control ? Dont forget if you get faulty data from the GPS switch to Atti Mode Immediatly.  

Good Luck- Let us know what solves the challenge, I for one am interested.

donnie

2016-4-21
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-21 14:59
I would delete and  re- install  the Go app for sure.  What are you using (Device - I pad or Droid ? ...

Thank you for you reply Donnie.
I have the latest Go App (never updated, always deleted and reinstalled)...I'm using the same iPad with the other inspire which is performing well...
No I do not lose control, the app just tell me that it switched to atti mode...

Cheers Flo
2016-4-21
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like your UBlox module may be Faulty/Cracked.

If this is new, let DJI sort it.
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-4-21 10:59
Sounds like your UBlox module may be Faulty/Cracked.

If this is new, let DJI sort it.

THARG, are you referring to the USB module on the Back of the Transmitter ? Sounds like a Problem on the Aircraft to Me,  Maybe that is what you are refering to?

donnie

2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Heliflo Posted at 2016-4-21 10:12
Thank you for you reply Donnie.
I have the latest Go App (never updated, always deleted and reinst ...

If it is indeed switching over to ATTI Mode , then you Loosing the Satellite for sure.  I thought maybe if you did not go into ATTI mode that the GO app was not detecting the proper signals.  You must send this in for Repair.  Perhaps try an IMU calibration  .  I am just guessing now.

Good Luck- donnie
2016-4-21
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-21 18:17
THARG, are you referring to the USB module on the Back of the Transmitter ? Sounds like a Problem ...

Yup - I am referring to the GPS module (UBlox) in the upper half of the aircraft shell. They can actually crack (embedded ceramic) with a crash, hard handling or over zealous baggage handlers!
This is why I ONLY ever trust Peli to look after my gear.
2016-4-21
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-4-21 20:33
Yup - I am referring to the GPS module (UBlox) in the upper half of the aircraft shell. They can a ...

Hmm, had a closer look to the GPS Module - ceramic Looks good...since I've checked that, the issue did not came back so far...Looks as there was a bad contact at the plug/port wich is resolved since i unpluged and reconnected the GPS Module for two times...will have a eye on it but for the Moment it Looks solved...
Cheers Flo
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Heliflo Posted at 2016-4-21 13:41
Hmm, had a closer look to the GPS Module - ceramic Looks good...since I've checked that, the issue ...

Keep an eye on it, I hope it is solved.  

Good Luck- donnie
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-4-21 13:33
Yup - I am referring to the GPS module (UBlox) in the upper half of the aircraft shell. They can a ...

"That is why I ONLY ever trust Peli to look after My gear "  You folks from the UK give me a CHORTLE

GOOD TIMES from  Over the Pond- donald ........  American by Birth, Scottish ( me blood )   by the Grace of God.
2016-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules