{:2_29:}

2016-4-21
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

That will put hairs on your chest. Great shot thou.
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Seems dangerous at 0:12 and 0:25. Don't forget to set a safe altitude before the mission next time
2016-4-21
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Close one. Watch out for those Birds Bees and Trees
2016-4-22
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

New Jersey HATES DRONES.   any anything thing else fun!   fireworks, guns, pumping your own gas.  all illegal.  drones will be next or they will be taxed or regulated till no longer fun.   trees are the first step!
2016-4-22
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-22 10:46
New Jersey HATES DRONES.   any anything thing else fun!   fireworks, guns, pumping your own gas.  al ...

Agreed. It was a lot of work to even find this tucked away public spot to fly. I've been kicked out of another wide open and not popularly used public park.

But pumping your own gas is overrated ;-)

2016-4-24
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

markdaviesmedia Posted at 2016-4-24 08:23
Agreed. It was a lot of work to even find this tucked away public spot to fly. I've been kicked ou ...

how did you get kicked out of a public park?  by who?

Having your gas pumped is over rated!  lazy attendants who are slow as hell, some times it takes for ever for them to give you gas.   i prefer getting out, swiping a card and pumping myself.    but nj has laws against it because the average person from new jersey is too stupid!   seriously people who don't know this google it, pumping your own gas in NJ is actually ILLEGAL!
2016-4-24
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

I felt myself trying to get up higher at .25....great shot though...good work
2016-4-24
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-24 22:56
how did you get kicked out of a public park?  by who?

Having your gas pumped is over rated!  lazy ...

Mercer County Parks, Pole Farm.

Drone ticket

Drone ticket
2016-4-25
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Wow, those were close flybys at :12 and :25. Near crashes do make for exciting moments, but please keep in mind that true altitudes on waypoint missions can change a lot from one flight to another due the the barometer's precision. I once tried a similar exercise with my P3P and rapidly quit when the altitude lowered by 5 meters and I found a tree (that I had flown over programming the mission) directly in my path. Its safer to fly it yourself in real time (unless of course the P4 can avoid small branches...).
Have fun & good flying!
P.S. Thanks for sharing your drone ticket.
2016-4-25
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-22 10:46
New Jersey HATES DRONES.   any anything thing else fun!   fireworks, guns, pumping your own gas.  al ...

Hhhmmm.
I have "several" firearms, routinely fly in public places w/o issue and enjoy fireworks every 4th.
2016-4-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

markdaviesmedia Posted at 2016-4-25 10:21

impressive!  i live a mile away from mercer county park.    havent flown there yet but have seen many people flying there during boat races they have on the lake.   
2016-4-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-4-25 12:20
Hhhmmm.
I have "several" firearms, routinely fly in public places w/o issue and enjoy fireworks ev ...

handguns require special permits.  only state in the country.    its illegal to conceal carry or open carry,  you can apply for a permit to carry but will never get approve if you don't need it for employment.  just isn't happening.   and new jersey doesn't honor any other permits from any other state.  

fireworks are illegal,  can't buy in jersey or use.  even possession is illegal.  

fact op got a ticket is just nuts,  i have seen many drones at mercer county park during different events.   no doubt drones will be banned here before long. they are fun so its not allowed
2016-4-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

markdaviesmedia Posted at 2016-4-25 10:21

found it sadily  http://166.78.107.46/media/file_uploads/RulesRegulations2015.pdf

3rd page, 4th line on left   

No person shall operate a radio controlled aircraft;
including a drone, without written permission from the Park
Commission.

i am going to contact the park commission to see if they grant permission for general uses.     how much is the ticket for?
2016-4-25
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
United States

It was a warning so no fine. It's a shame since that area really is wide open and underused.

I ended up going over to Maidenhead Meadows between Province Line, Princeton Pike, the D&R Canal and I-95. That park is part of the Lawrence Township Park system and I have seen no rules forbidding drones. Yet :-/

Re: carry permits... I moved from PA where I had a CCP. No such thing here in the People's Republic of NJ.

2016-4-25
Use props
damienman12
lvl.1

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-25 08:04
handguns require special permits.  only state in the country.    its illegal to conceal carry or op ...

Exactly like us here in Hawaii, fireworks were outlawed on my island a couple years back . Firearms have to be registered each and every one thru a long process. No open carry and to get a concealed carry is nearly impossible if you aren't a cop or retired cop. You are the only one. I'm sure they will regulate drones more heavily soon. Aloha!~
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules