27111 56 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

UAVServices Posted at 2016-7-15 00:07
Hi everyone, my name is Steve from www.epocdronesurvey.com

We too have been surveying for years wi ...

Hi,

Can you share an additional details on your new systems. Do you sell them in the UK. Where are you based?

Thanks,

Ian
2016-9-4
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 756178 ft
Canada

Hi Ian, if you subscribe the the website newsletter it is the best place to hear about updates.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... &postcount=1469

I feel a little uncomfortable pushing into DJI's space here on the forum (not that they have even said they will release anything to do with accurate surveying) but feel free to email me at info@epocdronesurvey.com I will answer pretty much any question you have.

We will sell worldwide and are based in Canada... so yes we will understand your question and no we won't answer it with an unrelated question

At any rate we are hung up on the fact that DJI did not divulge that the M600 runs different firmware than the A3 so we can not release as of yet because we don't believe in releasing non working products...

What I can tell you is that we have been doing real drone surveys for over 7 years and checking all the data to death ensuring it's perfect. We know how it works inside and out and we know what a professional surveyor needs.

We also listen, so if you have suggestions, comments or concerns then they are our concerns too. Drop us a line and say hi.

Steve
2016-9-4
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 756178 ft
Canada

Hi everyone if you want to join in on a discussion about accurate mapping and the truth behind the smoke show... please join a constructive discussion here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2734811

2016-9-7
Use props
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dji, any update on this firmware update that was mentioned in the thread about Geo tagging pictures.
2016-10-20
Use props
fans881821c1
New

North Macedonia

Hi,

Does anybody knows if the data from the RTK GPS is available from the SDK?

2016-11-2
Use props
gryzzly
lvl.2

United States

Hello,
What is the status on the geotagging of photos with the RTK coords?  Also, can the base station receive VRS stream?

Thanks!
2016-11-17
Use props
FalconDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280922 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, When will D-RTK provide geotagging on photos? Can we get X, Y, Z coordinates from the base station - and use them for GCP's?
2016-12-6
Use props
fansb1b8f616
lvl.2
Flight distance : 787474 ft
New Zealand

I also doubt that the D-RTK will geotag the camera optical centre, but as asked above, can you through the SDK correlate the GPS position with the attitude of the drone when a photo is taken and thereby compute the position of the camera optical centre?

I've seen Phantom 3 logs and it clearly has a time series, where each time stamp also has GPS position, pitch/roll/yaw and camera events. It would just be a programming/calculation issue to correct the drone GPS position to the camera optical centre.

Is a third party app all that is needed?

By the way these guys say they will have a PPK solution for the Matrice series in March 2017 http://geomatics.com.au/ . I've used there PPK solution on the AscTec Falcon and it works very well.
2017-2-27
Use props
fansa20ee897
New
Flight distance : 20079 ft

Canada

Posting just tgo bookark for future updates.
2017-3-1
Use props
fans349b8468
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2463996 ft
Canada

In speaking with a colleague regarding DJI RTK he wrote this "DJI team wrote: Geotagging isn't something that's available, but there is metadata on the images that provides GPS coordinates. If you use the DRTK, that metadata would have improved accuracy."  But, you have to go into the metadata and manually get the coordinates so this is really not feasible for any real projects with any amount of images.  He also stated that you can load your images into Pix4D without the onboard GPS geotags and Pix4D will do an accurate job of placing your images if you used RTK because of the precision of using the RTK to position the drone.  I am not familiar with this and my solution would be to have the RTK geotags like everyone else would like to see.
2017-3-3
Use props
Ramiro_Vigo
lvl.1

Spain

Hello,

I have opened a new thread about this at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D319%26typeid%3D319

Any idea?

Best regards,
Ramiro
2017-3-22
Use props
Skee
lvl.1
Sweden

does this help?
2017-11-17
Use props
Taz Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 161588 ft
United States

Hello, I just tried this with a photo shot with an X5R, off of my M600Pro with RTK. The XMP-drone-DJI display did not include the RtkFlag field.

2017-11-17
Use props
prodaja.rcsrbija
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37039469 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Hi, so far is pretty clear that DJI don't have surveying in their minds when it comes to the RTK, but never the less, does anyone know, including the DJI guys, what is the refresh rate of the D-RTK GNSS?
2018-2-14
Use props
mikeydoo
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-19 01:50
Hi,
Could you please read this article for more information?
Website link: http://www.navipedia.net/index.php/Real_Time_Kinematics

In reading the article, it states:
"The base station broadcasts its well-known location together with the code and carrier measurements at frequencies L1 and L2 for all in-view satellites."

How does the D-RTK know its "well-known" position if not on a survey point? My understanding is that this is required for highly accurate surveying.

Thanks...
2018-12-18
Use props
ewallet
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I think you should get to know Phantom 4 RTK
2018-12-19
Use props
mikeydoo
lvl.3
United States

Here's communications I've had with DJI Support:

Here’s my question to them:

While the Matrice is flying and getting updates from the RTK Ground Station, is it possible to get very accurate position reading in real time from the Matrice (either through GO 4, Pilot, maybe the SDK, etc)?

Here’s their answer:

“The RTK coordinates will show on the lower left corner on DJI Pilot app, while kindly note that it is not the absolute accurate coordinates, but relatively accurate coordinates. We would not suggest using M210 RTK to do the precision mapping.”

2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules