Apple giving China and the U.S. Government drone data
945 5 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

"Apple said it received about 1,000 requests for data in the second half of last year from Chinese authorities and supplied data about two-thirds of the time. "

"(Over the same period, Apple received about 4,000 requests from the United States authorities and handed over data four-fifths of the time, according to its report."

China is working on making additional laws that would further require all countries to submit data from drones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/2 ... nes-china.html?_r=0
2016-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'China is working on making additional laws that would further require all countries to submit data from drones. '

Your wording is quite different to that in the article, and conveys a false impression. The article mentions that China 'talked about' implementing a law that would require foreign companies to hand over encryption keys, but the idea was dropped. That is a far cry from 'require all countries to submit data from drones'.

And the article is yet another beat-up by a journalist with minimal knowledge of technology. Initially it suggests the photos and video information could be handed over to the governments who request it, and that is plain BS, because unless you are connected to the Internet when flying or afterwards, there is no way they can access that material.

If you sync your flight records to the Internet, you are giving away the details of your flight to DJI, and what they do with that information is unknown. I never do it, and it does not disadvantage me in any way. If you think about it, what benefit is there from doing so?

2016-4-21
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-22 07:36
'China is working on making additional laws that would further require all countries to submit data  ...

Interesting, maybe thats why i didn't use quotation marks...those where my thoughts and not those of the articles.
Thats why i posted a link to the article, so you could go read the damn thing your self!

2016-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SVTRay Posted at 2016-4-22 10:05
Interesting, maybe thats why i didn't use quotation marks...those where my thoughts and not those o ...

Oh, OK. Then my response to your thoughts is 'what a load of rubbish'. How do you imagine China could compel any country to provide information?
2016-4-21
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-21
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-22 00:36
'China is working on making additional laws that would further require all countries to submit data  ...

good point geebax im the same I sync nothing with my tablet
and the wifi on it has been disconnected and auto updates off
2016-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules