Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomswell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268438 ft
United States

RE: Order 1031265700
Dear TOMS WELL SERVICE,
It has come to our attention that there’s an issue with the DJI Inspire 1 Quadcopter regarding altitude drift. DJI is currently testing a firmware update correcting this issue. Please do not fly your Inspire 1 Quadcopter until the firmware is updated.  We will update you as soon as possible once the firmware is fully tested and released.
We regret your dissatisfaction and we’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Sincerely,
Your Customer Service team at B&H
800-221-5743, 212-239-7765

total bummer ... I was planning first flight this weekend ! not sure what to do.

2015-1-15
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.2

United States

Same here, thought after the firmware was released, I was going to be good to go. That's until I read the part on the prop locks. At this rate, I prob won't get to fly for another 3 weeks, if I'm lucky.
2015-1-15
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

This isn't entirely accurate. The firmware was released today. You can upgrade your inspire to it right now.

DJI also stated that there is a chance the props can come off under certain circumstances. They are sending everyone propeller locks next week. DJI recommends not flying until you have propeller locks.
I'll add that many have chosen to fly regardless of DJI's recommendation. It's fly-at-your-own-risk if you will.

2015-1-15
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joola Posted at 2015-1-16 11:56
This isn't entirely accurate. The firmware was released today. You can upgrade your inspire to it ri ...

I agree with you but it is bad that we spent all this money and can not fly . In my case I can not get the upgrade to work . It is a pain .
2015-1-15
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

The Props can come off, I had that. I did flightcheck but a wind gust made the propeller to spin off. Its an expensive craft so I think its worth waiting for the propslock. The Inspire flies fantastic though. Its a fantastic machine.
2015-1-16
Use props
Cyclops
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have had loose props on start up.  Normally they just self tighten.  I'm glad DJI are attending to this issue and cannot understand why so many people are moaning about it.

The Inspire is not a toy it's a 3kg aircraft and safety is really important.  
2015-1-16
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268438 ft
United States

I agree, life is too short to whine and moan ... chill out DJI is doing a fantastic job! Hardware, Software, Updates.
Most companies block the consumer from meaningful communication.
2015-1-16
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Incredible! (Just shaking my head and thinking maybe I should have waited)
2015-1-16
Use props
p-swieconek
New

United States

I received mine right away, and it flew with my Motorola Android, right out of the box - no updates needed during firmware install. Flew it twice indoors - perfect. The next day when I booted app, It came up with incompatible device. Not on the list, so to be expected. Then waited a few days for the iOS to be released - loaded that and it flew perfect - indoors (optical) and outdoors under GPS. Then the latest firmware released and I updated. Opti doesn't seem to work - doesn't hold possision indoors - lots of drift and automatic Pgps switching to Popt and back and forth while coming into and out of GPS signal seems to be the problem from my perspective.  Per DJI, please wait for new iOS software release. So it's time to back off and let the crew at Dji get it right - they want that more then any one of us, that's for sure. I can tell you that from the flights I have had, it's worth waiting for.
2015-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules