VERY disappointed firmware update "bricked" my RC
1089 2 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lutece7
New

United States

I have successfully used my P2 Vision Plus for almost a couple of years, a hundred flights with no issues. I have been planning a big expedition into southern Utah for months. I am writing/photographing for a magazine. I have my pilots license.

Today I decided to getting around to upgrading the firmware on my remote controller and phantom UAV. the upgrade failed. Erros message said to turn off RC and try again. Wrong. It would no longer power on. I "bricked" it. That is what I learned AFTER I searched these forums on Phantompilots.com  This has been happening to a LOT of DJI customers for a long time.

Also learned that there is no easy or clear solution. And that DJI has been of no help. What a HUGE disappointment!  I have no time to research and experiment with soft and hard resets, or wait for the snail-like, understaffed, DJI support team to get back with me. And I had some great flights planned over some stunning, legal, areas of southern Utah. But my fellow expeditioners will not wait for me. We have to leave at 6am tomorrow. Why does DJI allow this situation to exist???? I am very disappointed and angry that I have to leave my Phantom at home. If only I hadn't tried to upgrade my firmware. Never upgrade DJI firmware!!!! All they care about is developing better drones and selling you those. Why don't they fix their firmware upgrades... or warn you not to?

2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, you can choose to send it back to DJI service center or do it yourself because your RC is out of warranty according to the time you used.Here are the steps:

1. disassemble your RC

2.Press and hold the reset button,power on the RC at the same time

3.Keep the button pressed and hold,then re-upgrade the RC via the Assistant

Here is the location of the reset button:
复位键.JPG
2016-4-22
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

I was told by my DJI service guy not to do anymore software upgrades because of these known issues. I like how mine flies so why break what is already working???
Also, why so many upgrades anyway?
2016-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules