7915 22 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ablackburn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since upgrading to Firmware WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16 I have been experiencing VERY choppy video recording. It seems to be mostly isolated to 4k video. 1080p videos seem reasonably smooth at all frame rates, but all the 4k formats generate videos with lots of freezes and jumps. Frame rates get as low as 1 frame per second.

Anyone else having this problem?
2015-1-15
Use props
ablackburn6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Support ticket submitted to DJI 24/7 support.
2015-1-15
Use props
ablackburn6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ablackburn6@com Posted at 2015-1-16 12:01
Support ticket submitted to DJI 24/7 support.

Tried 4k recording into both formats - .MP4 and .MOV - same result - very choppy recording on both.
2015-1-15
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

what ipad are you using?
2015-1-15
Use props
ablackburn6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The video recorded to the microSD card is choppy. The streamed video to my iPad Mini 3 is smooth.
2015-1-15
Use props
huffmd1
lvl.1

United States

I had this same problem from the very beginning and I came to the conclusion that my computer is not capable of handling 4k Video playback.  Don't know if this is correct.  
2015-1-15
Use props
ablackburn6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I've been wondering that too.

I'm running a non-Retina MacBook with Intel 2.9 GHz Core i7 which is pretty fast. I've loaded OS X 10.9.5 which is supposed to accommodate 4k.  My GoPro 2.7k videos run fine - I'll have to try some GoPro 4k shots to compare - drum roll...

I ordered a new MacBook with more Video Memory just in case.

Expensive hobby.
2015-1-15
Use props
ablackburn6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm having better luck not viewing video with Quicktime.  MplayerX runs 4K much smoother. The video is still a bit grainy. More fiddling to do I guess.
2015-1-15
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

I don't play the video from the MicroSD Card. Just drag / copy the video to your desktop and play.
2015-1-16
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

You got SSD or HDD on your Macbook? Processor should be OK but sometimes the hard disk is the bottleneck with these kinds of issues.
2015-1-16
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

ablackburn6@com Posted at 2015-1-16 15:02
I've been wondering that too.

I'm running a non-Retina MacBook with Intel 2.9 GHz Core i7 which is ...

first please ensure the SD card is original equipped (class 10 or upper level).
try another PC video player is a good choise. KMplayer is capable for 4k stream.
2015-1-17
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Try using VLC player on your mac. It's free and quite wonderful. 4K playback with Quicktime chokes on both my Mac Pro Tower and Mac Book Pro. I use VLC (on both my Mac's)  for just about everything. For some reason it can handle stuff that QuickTime just can't.
2015-1-17
Use props
ablackburn6.ema
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yup - Quicktime chokes on 4k and even high frame rate 1080p. MPlayerX and VLC both work great!
2015-1-20
Use props
phantomyuval.em
lvl.1

Panama

i had this problem when i replaced the micro sd with san disk ultra got all video chopy but when i placed new micro sd dalkin 660x all video record smooth
2015-1-20
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I just had the same issue and when I called Sandisk they advised me the card I am using is not classified to work with 4K recording. So gonna buy a new one.
2015-1-20
Use props
pidetectives.em
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Scan Disk Ultra Plus 64gb xc1et
video is choppy, freezes and green video. Is it the SD card?
2015-1-20
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yes it needs to be a certified 4k card
2015-1-20
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Can the Inspire be programmed to take images every 3, 5 etc. seconds whilst in flight for the duration of the flight and is it likley that DJI will provide an update so that still images and video can be recorded at the same time like the go pro 4 black
2015-1-21
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

david.askew@hot Posted at 2015-1-21 01:07
yes it needs to be a certified 4k card

What do you mean by certified 4K card ?
2015-1-21
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

What are the spec's on the card included with the inspire,wondering why people aren't using it.
GB I doubt its an option will ck app etc.
2015-1-21
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have updated to the new firmware and my 4k video is coming out perfectly smooth, not a single dropped frame. When you go into the details of memory cards the class 10 card is just barely fast enough to take the data coming out of the camera when recording at the higher data rates. Many computers are not going to be able to play back this video smoothly because there is so much data in  a 4k data stream. I use a program called Crystal Disk Mark to test my memory cards. Not all cards have the same performance. This program will tell you how fast the card can read and write data. My PC is an over clocked, water cooled 6 core system with 32gig of memory, a fast gaming video card and a 1tb SSD drive.
2015-1-21
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.2

United States

I had the same problem with choppy video.  I had been using VLC as my go to player.  I decided to copy the videos to my wife's computer and they we very smooth.  The default player on her laptop is Windows Media Player.  I reset the player on my laptop to Windows Media and the choppy videos played smooth.  Not what I would have expected but it solved the problem.
2015-1-21
Use props
ajwolnski
New

United States

Same problem here.  It is not in the recording.  It is in the playback.  When I try to playback a 4K video in Quicktime or VLC from the hard drive on my PC it is extremely choppy.  Then I moved to my MacBook Pro and tried again.  First I tried playing the video direct from the memory card (Lexar 633x) and the results were a little better but still unacceptable.  Then I copied the video file to my SSD hard drive and hit play - perfectly smooth awesome 4K video.  So my bottleneck was either the PC hard drive speed, the USB port speed or possibly even the card or card reader speed (although Lexar rates the 633x cards for 4K video and I was using the reader that came with the card).
2015-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules