Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
video not sharp when turning?
893 4 2016-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jasonx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30617 ft
United Kingdom

hi,im finding that my video footage looks blurry when turning the inspire 1 pro. im using default setting,any ideas?

many thanks
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Cant use default settings with the X5 , Go watch  JIm Hare on You Tube and look for his tutorials. You are never going to be happy with the X5 if you use default settings....

Good luck - donnie
2016-4-22
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Very common issue - lots of movement in the image when turning the craft and the camera's inbuilt compression struggles to keep up.
Definitely search out Jim's tutorials, lots of great info there.
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30617 ft
United Kingdom

would be nice if you guys could share some settings to get me started...
2016-4-23
Use props
windwardbound
lvl.2

jasonx@blueyond Posted at 2016-4-23 23:21
would be nice if you guys could share some settings to get me started...

Can't suggest strongly enough that you read Jim Hares tutorial posts, "Getting the most out if the X5", I think thats it, search his name.  Great basic understanding of the principles of aerial imaging using our cameras.  I adhere to the 180deg rule (shutter speed two times the effective frame rate selected) and then if I having stuttering issues still, bump up the shutter speed slowly and see if that helps, it usually does.  This in itself will afford you better results but this doesn't mean you can turn as fast as you want and expect the camera to keep up.  Experiment with different settings.  I've been chasing good results every damn time I upgrade the bird and it includes camera adjustments in the new firmware.  Seems like it changes a lot of things.  Seems to improve things but it's frustrating.  We'll get there, with a little help from our friends!

I use (NOW) 2K@30fps, 0-1-2, ISO 200, shutter 2 times fps + a little if theres a lot of motion), ND filter variable to achieve around f5.6 for general video, f-stop varies to control DOF desired, WB set to 5000K and adjust in post, Color - D-Cinelike (believe it or not, used to be NONE), apple guy so I use MOV, I use AF with a little technique I developed until I get my focus puller from DJI, Never use AE or AUTO anything, screws things up instead up making things easier.  That about it, let me know if I can elaborate.  
2016-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules