12Next >
5018 66 2016-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I just received my Hoodman (HM) today and it was nice and Sunny today and wanted to test it Out .  I lOVE IT.  I am thrilled with this product, I have tried some of the Non -Glare film that you place over the I-pad screen but still was not pleased with the glare.  I bought the 2 Part system that gives a full immersion  experience.  I bought some high end Zeis Cinemizers for about 700 dollars and the Hoodman beats it by a mile . Another part about the HM I like is it has an extra strap on the back for safety, it keeps your I-pad steady and safe when it is mounted  .    This is a high end piece of equipment too, they make stuff for Hollywood film industry and the NFL .  The owner of the Company took my order On a Saturday and was a real Cool guy as well.  If you do order anything mention my name as well , I dont get anything out of it, Just wanted him to know there were alot of Good Pilots on the DJI forums and to please take care of them.  Also want to thank Forum member GQ for pointing me in the direction of the HOODMAN product.  I am really pleased that I can now fly with FULL SUN . There are several different models of Hoodman to choose from , mine was about 120.00 for the I pad Air model with shipping.  Some are more but most were less.     HOODMANUSA.COM   I know i sound like a commercial but the product really works  and I get a little amped up about good products !  

BE SURE TO LOOK AT PICS BELOW !

****Also want to give  a recomendation to another product out there that does a great job , it is ther High-Aerial Hood , it does a very good job and I have one of these also , It works very well and is a bit simpler to install, the only negative is that the distance from the screen to my noggin is a bit far , but if you use  just the main body of the unit without the extender it is well  and very DARK .  So either one is great, just dont get the one  DJI  offers it is not much good , these are higher end products and worth every penny .

Link below

Hi-Aerial HB25 Boost Hood Review

donnie

Place face right in there if you wish !

Place face right in there if you wish !

Notice slot for access

Notice slot for access
HMAN 3.PNG
2016-4-22
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have Hoodman cover for my iPhone 6+ and my iPad mini 3. IMO it's the best hood bar none. Wouldn't fly without it!
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-4-22 16:22
I have Hoodman cover for my iPhone 6+ and my iPad mini 3. IMO it's the best hood bar none. Wouldn't  ...

BIGDZ , I have purchased 3 separate  types of  Sun Shades and they were all Toys compared to this .   I think I will be able to enjoy flying  in the Sun Again !

Took me 6 months to finally find something that worked !

donnie
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

That's awesome, I want one.
2016-4-22
Use props
atfjan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195748 ft
United States

I can second that. Have one for both ipad mini 2's.
2016-4-22
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft

I got mine two weeks ago..love it
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

japoyiii Posted at 2016-4-22 23:09
I got mine two weeks ago..love it

I have not heard one negative about it , unlike other Sun shades that just dont work!!

donnie
2016-4-23
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the tip. I have a hood and I like it but it is not near as good as this one.
2016-4-23
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
United States

how does it work in the wind? I've got two different hood's and sometimes have issues in higher winds.
2016-4-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

jonathanp Posted at 2016-4-23 21:31
how does it work in the wind? I've got two different hood's and sometimes have issues in higher wind ...

It has an extra strap for extra stability, It works fine in the wind so far.  I like to sit with it and Put my face right inside the Hood, gives a real immersive experience....LOVE IT.  

So wind NO PROBLEM... so far.

Get One - donnie
2016-4-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

houston Posted at 2016-4-23 20:04
Thanks for the tip. I have a hood and I like it but it is not near as good as this one.

I guarantee HOUSTON  if you get one you will dig it.  It is not for "Every time "  you  fly, but on Sunny days or when you want to look at detail it cant be beat.  Similar to Cinemizer glasses by  Zeiss but far less in cost.  

Donnie
2016-4-24
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie checked  this before going back and forth debating for the goggle leap which is a steep price  for the goggle. Would you and have you tried any of the shark goggles , your thoughts.
2016-6-10
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I ordered my Hoodman yesterday.
Now.... I .... wait.........
2016-6-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-6-10 22:01
Donnie checked  this before going back and forth debating for the goggle leap which is a steep price ...

Yes , I did try the Zeiss Cinemizers, and did not like them, now in fairness others may love them, They just do not work well with my vision and I find it hard for me eyes to adjust when I am landing and I remove them.

I would in the future like to try another pair, perhaps like the Fat - shark (?) that have the Fan in them for the  fogging , and some others. the Zeiss were not cheap either but just not for me I guess.

For 125 dollars I love my Hoodman , It really works great.

donnie  
2016-6-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-10 22:18
I ordered my Hoodman yesterday.
Now.... I .... wait.........

Aeromirage , Let me know what you think, I would love to hear your Honest Opinion.

Donnie
2016-6-11
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-11 14:17
Aeromirage , Let me know what you think, I would love to hear your Honest Opinion.

Donnie

Yup - second this. The Goodman (with extension) is absolutely fantastic.
Couple this with the Secraft Tray and mobile grip and the double harness and it's a brilliant combination - comfortable all day
2016-6-11
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-6-11 11:41
Yup - second this. The Goodman (with extension) is absolutely fantastic.
Couple this with the Secr ...

I just ordered the hoodman with extension for amazon  two pieces
Donnie your pic shows the really long hoodman that pic you have is the one for the ipad cool got it. The iphone 6 two piece Amazon prime $44.00
Im looking forward to seeing the differance on really sunny days.
thanks for sharing
2016-6-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

str1776 Posted at 2016-6-12 12:19
I just ordered the hoodman with extension for 44.00 on amazon  two pieces
Donnie your pic shows th ...

What model did you buy?
I got the HAV1KIT which is 2 piece for Ipad Mini. $84.99 + $4.16 shipping. Total of $89.15.
This was on Ebay. I was going to order from the Hoodman site. Price was the same but shipping would have been $15. ($10.84more)
2016-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice Donnie... I have been looking at this for my iPad mini....  kind of spendy but the quality looks good.
The one in your photo for the iPad 2 or pro right?
Is the slip through slot allow you to get to the App tabs easily ?  

I will most likely get one of these..

Rich
2016-6-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-12 00:28
Very nice Donnie... I have been looking at this for my iPad mini....  kind of spendy but the quality ...

I -pad air in photo, yes a bit pricey but worth it on sunny days

cheers -donnie
2016-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-12 02:40
I -pad air in photo, yes a bit pricey but worth it on sunny days

cheers -donnie

Hey Donnie is the first hood section piece better than the DJI hood? I see the option of folding back the extension if you don't need to use it or just leave it off all together.

I like the fact that you can use the normal size hood and then add the extender if you need it.

Rich
2016-6-12
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirag, the IPHONE 6+
Hoodman is $44.00 not the iPad
I saw the iPad version 99.00 prime
It's the Hoodman two piece for iPhones that I bought.
My iPad  is acting up right now but I will get one for the iPad somethings going on with this iPad maybe it's the app DGI I'm getting no home  Point  has been updated
Gimbal disconnect  I don't know maybe it's time to get the iPad pro!

hoodman

hoodman
2016-6-12
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

wow my first attachment here is the prices I bought the two piece for the iphone 6

Hoodman

Hoodman
2016-6-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-12 11:43
Hey Donnie is the first hood section piece better than the DJI hood? I see the option of folding b ...

I think it is ,and not so flimsy.  I have about 3 different ones and the Hoodman is the best.

donnie
2016-6-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-6-12 19:12
wow my first attachment here is the prices I bought the two piece for the iphone 6

Brilliant , I think you will be pleased.

Donnie
2016-6-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-13 03:18
I think it is ,and not so flimsy.  I have about 3 different ones and the Hoodman is the best.

don ...

I will have to get one of these... thanks Donnie  (Donald)

PS, you need to update your photo showing us you are not in college anymore  

Rich
2016-6-13
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Is there an opening at the bottom of the Hoodman, to access the screen?
2016-6-13
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-11 21:17

Donnie

The Hoodman kit arrived today. Nice!
Overall I would have to say I got my money's worth.
The workmanship is very good. There is a lot to it actually, both in materials and labor.
The access to the tablet is a little tough but I imagine I will get used to it.

Will post more after sun testing it, but I am 99% sure it will do all it is meant to do. Based on other reports and my initial feelings, I am pretty sure it will not dissappoint.

P1070001.JPG
P1070003.JPG
P1070004.JPG
P1070006.JPG
2016-6-13
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-13 16:34
The wor ...

Nice Pics looking forward to iPhone set up. like the short iPhone cord Aero hey what version of ipad are you running. I have an issue since 1.8 update with ipad air A7 processor. gimble disconnect, weird the iPhone works great. Anyway enjoy the hood happy flights
2016-6-13
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

str1776 Posted at 2016-6-14 09:23
Nice Pics looking forward to iPhone set up. like the short iPhone cord Aero hey what version of ip ...

Thanks. Still getting to know my GH4.
33 cm lghtning cords are the only way to go. I leave the USB end plugged in all the time and just coil the cord once under RC in case.
They don't cost too much either. $6.90 delivered. Got it in 4 days from China! Here is a link to eBay listing.
I use an ipad mini 2 and run ios 9.3.2. Never gives me any problems and has very little latency. (I hear that zero latency is physically impossible!)
I am off Wednesday and weather forecast looks awesome, so I can probahbly sun test the hood then.
Remember the golden rules.....
1) Fly SAFE
2) Have FUN! Life's too short to be miserable.

2016-6-13
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-13 19:08
Thanks. Still getting to know my GH4.
33 cm lghtning cords are the only way to go. I leave the US ...

Got it Aero thanks for the Ebay link there a great deal better than amazon Prime $9.00 you cant beat it.
2016-6-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-13 18:34
The wor ...

I think you will be pleased, you will get used to reaching through the slit to tun of warning etc in no time.

Congrats !

donnie
2016-6-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Alastair Posted at 2016-6-13 12:20
Is there an opening at the bottom of the Hoodman, to access the screen?

Yes there is , look at my pics you will see a slit that you reach through to make changes. Just above the sticks you will see it.

donnie
2016-6-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-13 12:14
I will have to get one of these... thanks Donnie  (Donald)

PS, you need to update your photo sho ...

I am now due  for a new Avatar, maybe  I will get one like Red Hot Poker ..................not

donnie
2016-6-14
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Changed my mind......I am returning the hood. Seller I got it from offers 14 day returns w/ no questions asked.
Got my first chance to try it out today in the sun and ended up liking my homemade hood better.

Reasons:
1) The straps that mount it don't keep it in place very well and dangle into the control sticks.
2) Flap / curtain too restrictive of screen access.
3) Heavy - had to tighten screw on monitor bracked twice.
4) Frumpy - bottom panel is distorted (curved) and blocks part of the screen.
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-19 22:06
Changed my mind......I am returning the hood. Seller I got it from offers 14 day returns w/ no quest ...

That is why God Invented Blondes , Brunettes and Redheads ..........to each their own .  

I think a couple of the reasons for dislike  could be remedied.......

Sorry it did not work fro you, I love your design by the way .

donnie

2016-6-20
Use props
kwaw3104
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

I have got the hoodman. Everything is good aaccept for the access to the touch screen. Eg, as a cameraman working on the slave rc I need to access the camera control constantly.....which is a bit of a pain reaching out to the right side on the panel. It would be wonderful if the DJI Go app can allow customisation of the on screen menu...eg let me move the camera control menu to the bottom of the screen.
2016-6-20
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-20 21:22
That is why God Invented Blondes , Brunettes and Redheads ..........to each their own .  

I think ...

Yea, my initial impression of it was good. But once I took it out and used it in the field, I had second thoughts.
I might try this guy's hood out, https://www.amazon.com/Hood-Hi-A ... HPOCMO?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

2016-6-20
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just read a review of the Hi-Aerial that is interesting. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it.....

Interesting review of the Hi-Aerial hood here

2016-6-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-6-20 21:29
I just read a review of the Hi-Aerial that is interesting. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on  ...

Oh, that is cool.  Let me know if you get it .  I may get one of those as well.  Now that I purchased another Training transmitter , I need another good one right ?  

It is interesting that he had a Hoodman as well and did the review of it , and liked this  better.  

Let me know , I already have 3 others and dont mind spending another 100 if the product  works.

Thank you for sharing this

donnie
2016-6-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules