5021 66 2016-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did order the Hi-Aerial. Will post when it arrives. Actually, I will wait until I actually field test it.
That review did it.
2016-6-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Donnie,

received my new Hoodman set up. its pretty nice. I think it is a little heaver than I thought it would be.. but nice quality. I will try it out soon and let you know what I think; hey was the inside of the first shade part have baggy lining? I was a little surprised this was not tight, as the sag can distract your eyes from the screen ... The other thing I noticed is the slit in the bottom for touching the screen is pretty tight, I have big hands  

I tried to PM you and it is not working.  .... HANG in there   Enjoy flying your Inspire 1 and take a break ....

Rich
2016-6-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-29 22:48
Hi Donnie,

received my new Hoodman set up. its pretty nice. I think it is a little heaver than I t ...

I notice very little sagging in mine , I also fly sitting down quite often with the Hoodman and have the RC  and Hoodman in my lap , therefore eliminating the weight issue .  I also find that I dont get dizzy if  sit down with the Hoodman and look in the viewfinder for a while, I guess you could try a neck-strap if the weight becomes an issue .
The slit for the hand sliding in is a bit of a challenge but does seem to loosen up over time , worst case scenario would be to cut some of it back to lesten the tension on the materail
****see if your sagging looks like mine, in the bottom picture of my first post you can see mine, is yours like this or more saggy  ?

Thanks again for the friendship Rich,

donnie

2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-1 04:09
I notice very little sagging in mine , I also fly sitting down quite often with the Hoodman and hav ...

I still haven't gotten one, but wanting to order
2016-6-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-30 13:09
I notice very little sagging in mine , I also fly sitting down quite often with the Hoodman and hav ...

Hi donnie

I told Ken about the PM's not working and he reported it for us.

So I used the bottom section today in the bright sun.... wow that is much better than the DJI version. (of course it is three times the price). In the old days I would use the neck strap all of the time for my computer radios while flying helicopters... got out of practice. For me, I will try this for awhile and see how it goes. I also sit down to fly from time to time but mostly fly  standing up.

The sagging is more than I see in your photo, but I can live with it. Maybe I will call customer service and see if they have any suggestions ...

A friend always.... life is to short and we need to live for each day

Rich
2016-6-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Called and spoke to customer service and they looked into my question sent them some photos too. I received an email stating this was normal ...given the materials used that there are some trade-offs. Exposure to the sun will help shrink the material some during use. I like the hood so far and will get used to the lining sag... not a big deal

Rich
2016-7-1
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great product Thanks for the tip went out today very bright day and amazing I have to trust the screen.
Thanks Again Donnie Happy Flights
Happy Independence Day

Steve

hoodman.PNG.JPG
hoodman.JPG
2016-7-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie...

I flew today in the bright sun using my new hoodman kit.  WOW that was awesome. I am really happy and the friend that was flying with me used it too. He will be ordering his as soon as he can. Now I can see the shots much better as I frame the perfect area with my camera.... I have the landing pad and it was great for taking off at the river... it really makes things easier all around.  Check out the end of this video to see these things in action.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 1-9cbf-f1fffc562445

Rich
2016-7-3
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-3 22:34
Donnie...

I flew today in the bright sun using my new hoodman kit.  WOW that was awesome. I am re ...

Great views Rich , the closer to the water you get  left control stick forward  I'm feeling it !
I'll get there ........  I will grow some lol.
I don't know if I can do that with a HOODMAN now ,I have to  really get over the eyes on  Aircraft issue I'm dealing with !
Happy flights
Happy Independence Day
Steve
2016-7-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-7-4 09:05
Great views Rich , the closer to the water you get  left control stick forward  I'm feeling it !
I ...

Thanks Steve
Happy Independence Day

Like Donnie said you can keep your eyes on the aircraft and then look at the monitor when you feel comfortable.... you can always look up again if you need to (unlike goggles)

This was a quick edit on my iPad of one video, we also got some rafters going down the river too.  It was much fun and a great experience.

Rich
2016-7-4
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-4 09:18
Thanks Steve
Happy Independence Day

You are correct! ok The Donnie suggestion is  on my brother .seriously that's the only way I will get the confidence and trust the screen issue.
Hey  i'm tempted to put a little flag on the top of the bird today And cruise around  harmlessly of course .
If I do I'll share
2016-7-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-7-4 09:32
You are correct! ok The Donnie suggestion is  on my brother .seriously that's the only way I will  ...

Steve in time..... you will be doing just great. Enjoy the 4th and I think your idea of a flag is awesome

Rich
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-4 13:34
Donnie...

I flew today in the bright sun using my new hoodman kit.  WOW that was awesome. I am re ...

I still need to get a Hoodman, I'm dying to try it out.
2016-7-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-4 22:03
I still need to get a Hoodman, I'm dying to try it out.

Ken, you will not be disappointed. I really like the one I have after flying a couple of times to get used to it. The pass thought slit is to small for my hands but I will modify  this once I get a chanced (it will work just not easy). I think I will cut this out and use Velcro to close it back up... not sure yet.

Rich
2016-7-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-7-4 11:05
I ...

Awesome, I am glad your are pleased.

donnie
2016-7-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-4 00:34
Donnie...

Glad you like it, for sunny days it is a must.

I tried to watch the video on skypixel and it would not load , I will try again later.

donnie
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-5 13:30
Ken, you will not be disappointed. I really like the one I have after flying a couple of times to  ...

Ya, I'm sure I'll get one soon.
2016-7-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-7-2 20:42
Great product Thanks for the tip went out today very bright day and amazing I have to trust the scr ...

That all black pro system looks Wicked Cool

love it ,

donnie
2016-7-5
Use props
Romi
lvl.2

United States

Just put a rough cut together. The slot at the bottom was a good idea to allow me to manipulate the iPad's screen without having to reach in there. It is sturdy and effective and reducing the iPad Mini's glare (which is horrible). I just need to figure out a way to fold it up for transport.
Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.36.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.36.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.36.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.36.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.36.47 AM.png
2016-7-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Romi Posted at 2016-7-6 12:38
Just put a rough cut together. The slot at the bottom was a good idea to allow me to manipulate the  ...

Great job, my only suggestion would be to make it out of Black Material next time or to spray paint the inside black, this will help with the Sun even more, I love what you have done, great Job !

Also, folding is  a nice option but I usually never fold  my "Hoomdan" Up and just leave it assembled, I think you will trade off to much rigidity if you make it fold up , but worth a try if you are so determined

I love it, thanks for sharing
****Make sure you leave an opening for power button and the volume controls, you are going to want to make sure you hear the "Warnings"  and that the "Home point has been updated on the map "  This will require a bit of surgery but nothing you can mot handle, once again great job

donnie
2016-7-8
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Thank you Donnie - just ordered one!
2017-1-29
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-1-29 00:24
Thank you Donnie - just ordered one!

I think you will like it !!

donnie
2017-1-29
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-12 08:43
Hey Donnie is the first hood section piece better than the DJI hood? I see the option of folding back the extension if you don't need to use it or just leave it off all together.

I like the fact that you can use the normal size hood and then add the extender if you need it.

Sold on the Hoodman .I just ordered it for my ipad mini
2017-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cbrenkus Posted at 2017-4-8 19:20

Wow this is an old post

I still like the one I have for the iPad mini (it just works)

You will not be disappointed and happy flights!

Rich
2017-4-8
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

cbrenkus Posted at 2017-4-8 19:20

Cool ! ,I think you will like it very much indeed , be sure to get the extension for it as well, this way you can really pant your face into it and block out all the light .

Let me know how you like it

donnie
2017-4-9
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-9 03:37
Cool ! ,I think you will like it very much indeed , be sure to get the extension for it as well, this way you can really pant your face into it and block out all the light .

2017-4-9
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
United States

Yes i got the extention to include HAV1 & HAV1E
60.00 for both on Amazon

2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now