DROPPED CONNECTIVITY
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colobus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Australia

My Ph3 Advanced was updated with the latest firmware. I took it up for the first time since the recent update & enjoyed a nice session. But, my controller lost the signal on two flights at about 140m out and each time it faithfully reverted to RTH mode. The signal then resumed after xx or xxx seconds, which then meant RTH could be optionally cancelled. The previously recorded footage for that sector was lost. Probably, the data hadn't yet been rendered to the microcard from the camera. There were no obstacles between each item, & there was plenty of battery power available on each device. Any clues as to what might have caused these breaks would be useful. Never experienced this problem before and it introduces an unwelcome issue thru the inability to fly out to meet objectives in the field. Many thanks
2016-4-22
Use props
fclarke
lvl.1
Australia

I am having the exact same problem with my Ph3 pro Most embarrassing when you have people watching what a wonderful pilot you are then you suddenly lose it and then it magically drops out of the sky from above like a lost puppy Is it possible to reset the whole system and start again  ??I have tried the rest on the app but just get a message that reset failed my system shows   App version 2.3.0    remote version  1.6.0  and firmware  version 1.8.80   I have tried reloading update onto the RC but nothing happens  ???very frustrating !!!
2016-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fclarke@bigpond Posted at 2016-4-23 09:45
I am having the exact same problem with my Ph3 pro Most embarrassing when you have people watching w ...

The first thing to consider is that the Go App is not essential to the operation of the aircraft. If the app fails, you can still fly the aircraft using the RC unit. Concentrate on flying the aircraft home and worry about restarting the app afterwards. Do not be tempted to shut down or restart the RC unit or you will be in trouble.

2016-4-22
Use props
fclarke
lvl.1
Australia

Hmm INTERESTING  While I was looking at this forum I uninstalled the DJI app and then reinstalled the older App from the App store  When I restarted the drone the system all appears Ok  so am now going out to see if we are back to normal Will post with results
2016-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

" The previously recorded footage for that sector was lost."

I presume you mean the video footage that you were recording at the time is lost, but in truth, it is not. All that happened is that because you lost control briefly, you probably did not get to stop recording. When that happens, the video file on the SD card is not finalised, so the trick is to put it back in the aircraft and start the aircraft again. After 30 seconds, the file will be repaired, and you can then shut the aircraft down again and remove the SD card.

If you get back after a flight where you had lost contact, shut the aircraft down and then re-start it again as decribed above to repair the file. Do not fly again and start another recording, or the video date from the first un-finalised card will be over-written and lost.
2016-4-22
Use props
fclarke
lvl.1
Australia

YES   after uninstalling Go app and reinstalling older version (I think) My baby is now acting OK  Only sent it about 1000 mtrs but no problems apart from a couple of spots of distortion across the picture which I guess may be adjustment somewhere
Hope you have similar success
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello colobus, have you upgraded both of your RC and drone? It would be better if you can upload some screenshot of the transmitting channel conditions , and  the LOG file of the upgrading which could be found in the hidden folder MISC. Also, you can try to adjust the antenna during the flight.
2016-4-23
Use props
colobus
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks Paladin, Note that this AC & RC  has never had a prior connectivity problem UNTIL yesterday when the RC firmware was updated using the connection via the USB cable between the mini iMac & the RC. Remember, I had no prior problems with anything on the PH3 Advanced!! I have cleaned my SD card (as previously stated) , so I do NOT have any data in the MISC file on my SD card. Is there anyplace else where it might reside?  The comment ."adjusting the antenna during flight" is funny, considering I can't get a link between my AC & the RC, which means the AC can't fly, unless I manually toss it upwards into the air. I appreciate your follow up. From its history, I doubt there is a hardware problem, as it has a clean history UNTIl the firmware update.  I am NOT getting past the start screen, so I cannot access any system info.
2017-10-21
Use props
colobus
lvl.1
Australia

colobus Posted at 2017-10-21 14:32
Thanks Paladin, Note that this AC & RC  has never had a prior connectivity problem UNTIL yesterday when the RC firmware was updated using the connection via the USB cable between the mini iMac & the RC. Remember, I had no prior problems with anything on the PH3 Advanced!! I have cleaned my SD card (as previously stated) , so I do NOT have any data in the MISC file on my SD card. Is there anyplace else where it might reside?  The comment ."adjusting the antenna during flight" is funny, considering I can't get a link between my AC & the RC, which means the AC can't fly, unless I manually toss it upwards into the air. I appreciate your follow up. From its history, I doubt there is a hardware problem, as it has a clean history UNTIl the firmware update.  I am NOT getting past the start screen, so I cannot access any system info.

My apologies Paladin, The post was my error & I can't delete it. However, its subject is current, but on another thread, I was mixed up between the two.
2017-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules