Phantom 3 adv won't connect to Ipad Air 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
farmerdavide
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I have a Phantom 3 advanced that I have been using with the Samsung Galaxy 6 with no problems.  

I bought a used IPAD air 2 cellular and I cannot get it to connect at all to the DJI app.  I used to same cord to connect to an Iphone and it worked.  

I just upgraded to the latest DJI firmware and my IOS version is 9.3.1.  I have seen other people who get a "Trust this device" message and when they ignore it it works.  I don't even get this message, but the Ipad makes a tone when I plug the controller in.  

Any help would be appreciated.

2016-4-22
Use props
farmerdavide
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I finally figured out a fix and I'm posting it here in case someone has similar issues.  I tried resting the tablet several times to factory settings, but apparently doing it in itunes is different than doing it on the ipad.  After doing it in itunes it worked.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

farmerdavide@gm Posted at 2016-4-23 09:11
Ok, I finally figured out a fix and I'm posting it here in case someone has similar issues.  I tried ...

Glad to hear that you've solved this.Thanks for your sharing.
2016-4-22
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18514 ft
Netherlands

farmerdavide@gm Posted at 2016-4-23 03:11
Ok, I finally figured out a fix and I'm posting it here in case someone has similar issues.  I tried ...

Can you please explain with you mean with "resetting to factory settings in iTunes"?
2016-4-23
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

pidi Posted at 2016-4-23 18:01
Can you please explain with you mean with "resetting to factory settings in iTunes"?

Hi, I had the same problems with the app,
The only way I could get the blue camera button option back on the app was to connect my apple device to iTunes via PC and then backed up the device (forgot this the first time and lost all my old flight data)  then restore the device using iTunes. If I tried doing a restore via WiFi using the device itself without iTunes it wouldn't work.
Once you have restored the device reload the Go app back on and hopefully you should get the camera button option again.
I have another problem with no camera feed, and its going back to Hong Kong apparently.
Good luck hope that made some sense.
2016-4-23
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

I took the Phantom 3 Advanced back to the place I purchased it and showed them the intermittent camera feed fault and they agreed its a tricky one and and have approval for the repair under warranty and they are sending it back to Hong Kong. I will let you know the outcome when it gets back.
Cheers.
2016-4-29
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

Australia

Hi, My phantom 3 Advanced has returned from the factory.
It now connects and shows the live camera feed everythime I connect it to my
Apple iPad Air 2 .
Apparently they changed the gimble board or something?
Before (from new it was intermittent) it would only show the live camera screen on the Go App once every so often.
Its bucketing down here and blowing a gale so I cant fly it yet.
When I connect it to the Go App its asking me to do a Firmware update for the camera.
When I select the about button on the app the firmware versions are as follows.
iPad version 9.3.1 Its asking me to update to 9.3.2 ( but after looking at reviews it seems its bricking iPads so I might wait a bit for that one)
App version 2.8.1
Aircraft version 1.1.9+
Remote Control version 1.6.0

My questions are,
1:  Should I update the camera firmware?
2: should I do a IMU calibration before I fly it?
3: should I link the controller? ( It seems to be linked already)
4: what is version 1.1.9+ ?

Thanks to everyone who shares info, Dji and Model Flight in Adelaide for sending it away and tring to sort it for me.
2016-5-25
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

You can also update the iPad system at the same time. It seems that this may be related to iPad bugs. In this case, you can use an ios system recovery tool to fix the connection issue.
2021-6-29
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

sandmark Posted at 2016-5-25 17:53
Hi, My phantom 3 Advanced has returned from the factory.
It now connects and shows the live camera feed everythime I connect it to my
Apple iPad Air 2 .

If it works, LEAVE IT ALONE! More problems are generated by doing firmware updates than any other action.
2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules