RC and DJI GO app won't connect to camera mode (P3 Advanced)
21913 59 2016-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pilot310
lvl.2

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 18:11
Is 9.3.2 still beta version? But if you have tried some different devices and the app keeps saying  ...

I can get the View Camera Icon with my Mini Ipad2 but not with my Iphone 6s.  So it's not a hardware issue.  Tried everything else.  No answers that seem to work from DJI
2016-5-5
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

pmccord Posted at 2016-4-25 04:44
I had big plans for my DJI 3 Advanced today and was sadly disappointed when I went to use it and my  ...

It is NOT just Apple ,I have the same issue on Android and I can't seem to get a reply from ANY DJI Mod here
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

pilot310 Posted at 2016-5-6 01:01
I can get the View Camera Icon with my Mini Ipad2 but not with my Iphone 6s.  So it's not a hardwa ...

Have you also gone into the General Settings and under iCloud sign out, delete the app and sign back in and reinstall the app and see if that helps.
Also, when you restored the iPad you did it through iTunes and your iPad connected to your PC/Mac correct ? Because that should have cured it.
Let me know if signing out works. And the restore done through iTunes with your iPad connected to your computer.
If you have "Finy my iPad" enabled, then you need to go to the cloud settings and turn it off.DJI is working with Apple to remedy this.
restore ipad screenshot.jpg
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-6 01:18
It is NOT just Apple ,I have the same issue on Android and I can't seem to get a reply from ANY DJ ...

If you have a Samsung and updated to Marshmallow,  you need to connect to the RC then swipe down and change from USB charging to Software installation.
3.5.png
3.png
2016-5-5
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 01:27
Have you also gone into the General Settings and under iCloud sign out, delete the app and sign bac ...

DJI Ken    I have the same issue with multiple devices and I'm on Android.  I can get into Camera View on my phone but not on my Tablet
2016-5-5
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 01:29
If you have a Samsung and updated to Marshmallow,  you need to connect to the RC then swipe down a ...

It is currently on the "charging "  option on my tablet   and it isn't going into Camera View
2016-5-5
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

I also can't view anything  using the Litchi App.     
2016-5-5
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

Is there another way to get an update onto my RC ?  I have an older version and I think that is my issue
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-6 01:35
It is currently on the "charging "  option on my tablet   and it isn't going into Camera View

Which Samsung device do you have?  The images I posted earlier did not help?  
You also may need a device that's on the recommended list of devices.

iOS Version v2.8.0.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-5-5
Use props
johscp
New

Denmark

I have the exact same problem with my P3 Professional. It seems like I can`t Upgrade my RC like I can with
the Aircraft. I have iPhone 6S + and tried with other iPhones too, but can`t get the Camera view on the DJI GO App. All Software is up to date, and the Link is ok (green light)! I had reset My iPhone twise with no result!
What can course the problem?
2016-6-7
Use props
3mpty
lvl.2

Netherlands

johscp Posted at 2016-6-7 20:22
I have the exact same problem with my P3 Professional. It seems like I can`t Upgrade my RC like I ca ...

I had the same problems. I got everything working again now. Downgraded to 1.7 and my rc to 1.5.8.
2016-6-7
Use props
johscp
New

Denmark

3mpty Posted at 2016-6-7 23:30
I had the same problems. I got everything working again now. Downgraded to 1.7 and my rc to 1.5.8.

Thank you for your Quick reply 3mpty. I will try to find the Firmware 1.5.8. somewhere! It seems like it`s
not on DJI Download pages anymore. Maybe some one in this forum knows how to get it?? Hope it will
work for my RC too!
2016-6-8
Use props
walterm
lvl.1

United States

The latest dji go app is 2.8  try updating your app on your iphone.  this worked for me.
2016-6-8
Use props
swainy1
New

Australia

Hi All
I have the same problem, camera is blank, top left of screen has "disconnected"
and WiFi asks for the password then will not accept the correct password.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards, Max
2016-6-8
Use props
johscp
New

Denmark

johscp Posted at 2016-6-8 17:51
Thank you for your Quick reply 3mpty. I will try to find the Firmware 1.5.8. somewhere! It seems l ...

Hi everybody! I just upgraded the USB connection to the one with a HDMI port! It seems like I had the
Camera View back after that switch and the RC could be Up gradet thru the GO app.
I just think the new Firmware`s is not working with the old USB connections ??
2016-6-14
Use props
marcusskessler
New

United States

Did you ever figure out an answer to this problem?
2016-9-15
Use props
timeonthewater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26158 ft
Canada

I have the same problem. Phantom 3 pro and Samsung tab A with latest android upgrade and firmware 1.10.x.
If I use my Samsung G7 phone it works. It has not been upgraded to the latest android software.
Everyone I know with a Phantom now has the same problem. I can not believe DJI has not addressed this issue. Spent an hour on support chat and they have no explanation.

When will DJI respond with a fix? There are lot of people sitting with drones they can not use.
2017-3-31
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.2
Australia

I was having same issues with my P3P and Samsung Tab A, I found toggling the USB input between MTP and PTP seems to get it working. At least last night playing with it, it worked every time I did this for 14 start-ups. But nothing that has worked for me before has been a reliable start-up process and am yet to try it again today lol, who knows if it'll work. I'll have to try it and see if it's a more reliable way for getting things working.
2017-4-1
Use props
timeonthewater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26158 ft
Canada

Mitcon Posted at 2017-4-1 13:16
I was having same issues with my P3P and Samsung Tab A, I found toggling the USB input between MTP and PTP seems to get it working. At least last night playing with it, it worked every time I did this for 14 start-ups. But nothing that has worked for me before has been a reliable start-up process and am yet to try it again today lol, who knows if it'll work. I'll have to try it and see if it's a more reliable way for getting things working.

I tried the sequence that was successful for you but it didn't work.  A friend also tried it with the same results. We both upgraded to android 6.0, both have samsung tabs, and both have samsung phones with older android software. The phones still work but the tabs won't.
2017-4-3
Use props
drtom
New
United States

pilot310 Posted at 2016-4-25 11:13
I get the camera view with my Mini 2 but not with IPhone 6s   Still a RC issue?  I doubt it. Must be the App

In my case I can get the camera view with my iPhone 6s , but not with my iPad 3.  The problem is the App.  DJI needs to fix this problem.  They are leaving a large population of users without a real solution to this problem!
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules