Phantom 3 pro gimbal problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deluxor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69747 ft

Portugal

Hello, can someone please, look at my video when im starting to descend, the gimbal starts to shake badly, the firmware is the latest, both on aircraft and on remote control. It was like this before the update.
2016-4-23
Use props
Kripdish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120922 ft

Just watched your video and saw it was stable at the beginning of your descent and became unstable as your descent progressed. One possibility may be the result of Ring Vortex State (RVS). This can occur when descending to rapidly and entering into your own propwash.
2016-4-23
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

I would agree, ring vortex state (settling with power).  Its bad for helicopters and drones.  Your aircraft is descending into it's own rotor wash which is very turbulent.  As a helicopter pilot, I tried to put my P3P into settling with power, but the descent rate wasn't fast enough.  Your video looks like the onset of SWP. The only way to get out of it is forward (or any direction) airspeed.  Increasing power will only make it worse.
2016-4-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

dieselwind Posted at 2016-4-24 08:09
I would agree, ring vortex state (settling with power).  Its bad for helicopters and drones.  Your a ...

DJI have limited the maximum rate of descent to avoid the problem, been that way for quite some time.
2016-4-23
Use props
Deluxor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69747 ft

Portugal

dieselwind Posted at 2016-4-24 06:09
I would agree, ring vortex state (settling with power).  Its bad for helicopters and drones.  Your a ...

Thank you guys for the tips, although I though in that possibility, but it is not because i know DJI fixed it before, and as you can see on video it is stationary while doing that, the thing is it started doing it on descend, and that's weird, but I already tested flying normally and happens the same.
2016-4-23
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Deluxor Posted at 2016-4-23 15:25
Thank you guys for the tips, although I though in that possibility, but it is not because i know D ...

Aloha Deluxor,

Your gimbal problem seems to start happening when you drop below ten feet (3 meters).  Turn off your Vision Positioning System and try again.  If it stabilizes, you have a problem of some sort with your VPS.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules