GH4 No Control
1003 9 2016-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mapoff98.yahoo
New

United States

Helloi

I recently had the bricked gcu, gh4 thinks its a bmpcc.  Purchased a new gcu.  I decided to use this on a helicopter as a standalone unit.  No external controller.  GCU only.  I have a traditional Spektrum 6115e receiver going into the GCU.  I have no updated firmware because of all the previous problems.  The gimbal shows there is rc control coming into the gcu.  The sliders move when I push the sticks but the gimbal does not move.  The g7 port is using the wire with the ground and analog video to an analog Boscam transmitter.  The video is working great but just no control.  Also the gimbal doesn't seem to stay locked.  Yaw and Roll are drifting on thier own.
2016-4-23
Use props
mapoff98.yahoo
New

United States

Figured it out.  I won't be a douche like a lot of others and not leave the fix.  I had a brand new GCU.  Apparently it doesn't have any firmware.  Once updated rc control worked.  Only problem now is gimbal wants to roll slightly right no matter what.  I have another gh4 zen on an s900 woth a2 controller, not stand alone that is doing the same thing.  It didn't do that before.  That's the last thing I need to resolve.
2016-4-24
Use props
igoris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 742028 ft
Russia

Maybe you need to subtrim RC controls or make auto-valibration on zen?
2016-4-25
Use props
mapoff98.yahoo
New

United States

RC roll is not connected.  I didn't want that.  As for auto calibratuon how do I do that?  The Assistant Software 1.4 only shows you the RC input status, an upgrade button, and info button.  I'm using this gimbal stand alone.  The other on the s900 with an A2 does the same thing.  It rolls to the right then somewhat levels out.  When you yaw it rolls right and settle some when you stop.
2016-4-25
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
Japan

The manual gives a description on how to auto-calibrate: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse_z15_gh4_hd/en/Z15_GH4_User_Manual_v1.6_en.pdf
2016-4-25
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Japan

Many of us have had this drift problem.  Take a look at this thread for some history:http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=48738&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D363&page=1&mobile=2.  If you're using the latest Assistant I assume you have the latest firmware, v3.  Note that there were multiple versions of v3.  If you have the latest we believe this is causing the drift problem.  Go to the end of that thread and you can find out how to rollback to an earlier version.  If you can that might fix your problem.  
2016-4-25
Use props
mapoff98.yahoo
New

United States

timonroecg@gmai Posted at 2016-4-26 09:33
Many of us have had this drift problem.  Take a look at this thread for some history:http://forum.dj ...

Can the Zenmuse operate stand alone?  The one on the s900 actually goes sideways but then at least levels out to a usable horizon.  The one I mounted on a helicopter is a GCU, Gimbal, and Battery.  It acts like the calibration is off but haven't seen anything on how to do a calibration stand alone.  I'm somewhat of a rare scenario.  On the single rotor its frickin amazing but the horizon holds at about 40*.  If I could level that out I'd have a (bad) sweet machine.  Using attitude and the headspeed should get me close to 60-70mph.
2016-4-25
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Japan

Don't think it will operate correctly without a FC attached, or at least that's been my experience.
2016-4-26
Use props
COBRA [project]
lvl.1
Flight distance : 742028 ft
Russia

Mine worked fine before the last update((( now it seems that the best way to solve the problem is to connect it to WKM (main controller is Zero Gemini) and keep it only for gimbal...
2016-4-26
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Japan

mapoff98 - what single rotor helicopter are you using?  What's its max flight time and max payload?
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules