Phantom 2 won't power on after crash
5893 10 2014-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeisi
lvl.1
United States

Had my first bad crash in some trees and a pretty long fall.  Everything looks fine on the outside however my phantom 2 now won't power on.  Tested on multiple batteries to.  Please see my video to see what I'm talkin about.

anyone have any suggestions?  I'm considering opening it up in case it might be simply a wire that's come loose or something.  Otherwise I'd rather just send it off for repair.
thanks

-Michael

2014-9-28
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

It sounds like power is reaching the electronics because your ESCs are chirping the motors.
Inside the shell, the wire connections are soldered.
It would be rare that you have a disconnect there.
You'll most likely need to look for mechanical damage to circuit boards.
Your damage could very likely be electronic, and that's not something even a layman might see without test equipment.
If you're technical (and it sounds like you might not be), open the shell and see if you spot damage.
If not, it's time to contact your dealer or one of the DJI Service Centers.
2014-9-28
Use props
rodney960
New

United States

Mine is doing the same thing. What was or is wrong?
2014-10-25
Use props
bobxombie
lvl.1

United States

Just purchased mine, first flight it tipped over and hit a propeller and I'm having the same problem. Should I expect this everytime a blade id stopped? RAGE!! My AR Drone 2.0 has taken multiple hits and nothing like this has ever happened.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

You do tried with different batteries? Please try to clean the battery connector and try again. If still doesn't work, please send the Phantom back to our repair center for check and repair.
battery.png
2014-11-13
Use props
bobxombie
lvl.1

United States

Nothing wrong with the battery connector, I heard repair takes several months.
2014-11-13
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i would take the top off and have a visual inspection of any soldered joints and any plug sockets on the board. looks like the battery is powering on but nothing is getting to the main board. have you shook the p2v a little to see if there is anything loose inside..

its just an idea, but anything with a battery sometimes its either a solder joint wire come loose or a plug come out of its socket

if it was a major crash, the main board may be split, thus having the PCB board connections broken. only way to know is to have a visual check inside, or use a multimeter with a buzzer on it , which checks for continuity within conections.

hope this helps
2014-11-13
Use props
maanfarm
New

United States

I have the same crash incident and powering on problems. Did you fix it or did you send it back for repair?
2014-12-8
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I would check to see if one of those spring loaded contacts for the battery didn't get jammed in on impact.
2014-12-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-9 02:27
I would check to see if one of those spring loaded contacts for the battery didn't get jammed in on  ...

It has a connection to the battery because the motors chirp and the lights flash.  Something inside I suspect has been damaged or has been knocked loose.
The pins are ok as far as the picture shows.  If one of them did not make contact, you would get nothing from the Phantom.  I lost 1 pin and tried to connect.  It did absolutely nothing, no lights, no chirping and on my tablet, it said "not intelligent battery"  It has to be internal.  Something along the line of power distribution has come loose or more than likely damaged from the hard landing.
2014-12-8
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Oops, missed that.  Solder joints do crack.  Especially if it's cold outside.
2014-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules