OSMO CAMERA WONT TURN ON (gimbal does)
3234 12 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sweetcandyproje
New

Bolivia

i turn on my osmo, the gimbal works perfect, the conection whit the app goes well, but the camera, wont turn on, the camera fan doesnt even spins... i dont know what is happening but , the led indicators remains in Solid yellow for the Camera status indicator, and Solid green for the system status  CAN ANYBODY HELM ME?.

2016-4-24
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, is the SD card formatted correctly with PC and then through the app as well, remove camera from the handle (make sure osmo is turned of before doing this) and check connections, also try changing from 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz, or even try another device, or maybe resetting the osmo WiFi to default?
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
I'm sorry about the problem.
From your video, it seems that you didn't insert the SD card into the camera, did you? Please note that it can't take any picture or record any video without a SD card.
You said that you bought a new SD card, may I know the model of your SD card? We would only recommend the SD card with the writing speed of 60Mbps or above.
Such as:
1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card;
2)        Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
3)        Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card.

You also mentioned that you've tried to upgrade the firmware, could you please show me the log file of the upgrade so that I could help to check if you've upgrade it successfully? I mean the "OSMO_FW_LOG_AB.txt", you will need to enable the "display hidden folders" option in your PC.

Wait for your reply!
2016-4-24
Use props
sweetcandyproje
New

Bolivia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-25 02:21
Hi,
I'm sorry about the problem.
From your video, it seems that you didn't insert the SD card into t ...

hello and thanks for your reply.
Mi Osmo came whit an included "Lexar 633 microsdhc UHS-1-16gb-class 10" wich was on board in the Osmo when i shoot the video, but when the problem came, i was on the field so i desperately bought a new one on the nearest store, that was the "Samsung EVO microsdhc UHS-1-16gb-class 10" that i showed on the video.

i tryed to upgrade the firmware, as i have done it about 2 times before. by putting the .bin archive on the SD card and turning on the Osmo. but that was after the problem, and seems that the Osmo couldn't do the upgrade because , it just staid as in the video.. whit no rotating camera fan, and the camera status indicator on Solid Yellow and the System status indicator on Solid Green...

yesterday, i went whit a friend to try some things whit his Osmo and;

my Osmo won't work whit any battery
my Camera didn't worked on his Handle
HIS CAMERA DIS WORK ON MY HANDLE

that is just a few more info that i can give since y send my first POST.

thanks again Adela, i put here a pair of pictures that might help, one is my SDcards, and the other is the firmware that i tried to put in my Osmo.

2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sweetcandyproje Posted at 2016-4-26 20:54
hello and thanks for your reply.
Mi Osmo came whit an included "Lexar 633 microsdhc UHS-1-16gb-cla ...

Hi,
Thanks for your further information!
Please note that the firmware v1.1.0.10 is only for Osmo Pro which means X5+X5 adaptor+the Osmo handle. For more information, you can go through this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-50032-1-1.html
Please remove the bin file of v1.1.0.10 from your present SD card, try to format the SD card in the DJI GO App. After that, if your Osmo still can't work correctly, please download the latest Osmo firmware v1.6.2.10 at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads and extract the bin file into your SD card. Next, please try to upgrade your Osmo again.
If you have any other problem, please let me know. I'll wait for your further response.
Thanks!
2016-4-26
Use props
sweetcandyproje
New

Bolivia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-26 22:09
Hi,
Thanks for your further information!
Please note that the firmware v1.1.0.10 is only for Osmo  ...

since the malfunction started, I haven't been able to do anything to the camera, not even upgrade it, non to the last version, or the "Cosmo pro" version... so i actually never changed the last functioning firmware to my Osmo set up, it just stop working=(
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sweetcandyproje Posted at 2016-4-27 21:22
since the malfunction started, I haven't been able to do anything to the camera, not even upgrade  ...

In addition, can you control your camera by the joystick? Can you take pictures and record videos by pressing the Shutter and Record buttons on the handle? Please make sure both the App version and the Osmo's firmware are all up to date.

You may need to return your unit to our service center for further test.
Could you please contact your dealer or our technical support team for further assistance?
If there's any other thing I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Thanks for your cooperation!

2016-4-27
Use props
tyounis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83809 ft
  • >>>

I have the same issue as this user. Has the problem been resolved?

t.
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tyounis Posted at 2016-4-28 15:03
I have the same issue as this user. Has the problem been resolved?

t.

Hello!
Could you please provide some basic information about your Osmo and your mobile device?
What's the model of your mobile device?
What's the version of your DJI GO App?
What's the firmware of your Osmo?
2016-4-27
Use props
tyounis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83809 ft
  • >>>

I just found out that the latest firmware update is incompatible with iOS 9.3. I just set up a complaint thread.
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tyounis Posted at 2016-4-29 01:18
I just found out that the latest firmware update is incompatible with iOS 9.3. I just set up a compl ...

I'll have a look at your thread and let's discuss the issue there.
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-5-1
Use props
clint.barber
New

I am having the very same issue the video poster is having.  I have attempted no upgrades, have not changed SD cards, and the unit was working fine for the past few weeks until last night when I went to import video to my Mac via USB cable.  The fan stopped working, the gimbal went into spasms when I turned it off and then back on, and now the camera will not work.  I tried 2 different phones with identical results.  Did either customers get their issue resolved?

App Ver. 2.9.0(447)
Firmware 1.6.2.10
Phone Samsung S6 Active and IPhone 6
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

clint.barber@gm Posted at 2016-9-9 18:25
I am having the very same issue the video poster is having.  I have attempted no upgrades, have not  ...

Hi, please email support@dji.com and send it in, thank you.  I think a screw is loose somewhere inside the gimbal.
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules