Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nexus 7 or Nvidia Shield K1
837 3 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bwilliams
lvl.1

United States

Guys

I know its been talked about before just wanted get some more feed back Nexus 7 - £100 or Nvidia Shield K1 £150??

Just want to get your thoughts from you guys who have either or......

Got the iphone 6s plus at the moment and its just too small.

Is the Nexus 7 as good as spending an extra £50 or will i regret it.

Cheers, Jamen

2016-4-24
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

The Nexus 7 2013 (make sure, though, that it is the 2nd. gen. model [2013]) is a terrific tablet with excellent/incredible resolution, and it is quick & responsive.  It works just great with the Go App, and I have found it to be perfect for its function as part of this integrated system involving itself, the aircraft and the RC.
2016-4-24
Use props
bwilliams
lvl.1

United States

CaptRuss
Thanks for the reply. Any issue with storage with 16GB think ill be going for the 32 any how just in case.
2016-4-24
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

bwilliams@ocean Posted at 2016-4-24 15:08
CaptRuss
Thanks for the reply. Any issue with storage with 16GB think ill be going for the 32 any ho ...

That is something that I had thought about quite a bit lately.  And my concerns were completely alleviated when, after transferring the lower-res video files from the DJI Go App's sub-folder, I deleted them from same (even though I had also transferred the high-res videos directly from the microSD card).  That immediately freed up virtually all the non-application memory that the Go App had theretofore been using.  Essentially, those flight data files that continue to reside on the tablet (flight records, meta-data, etc.) take up so little space so as to be inconsequential.  Thus, after removing the lower-res video files from the tablet, the Go App's "footprint" on the tablet is so small & negligible that it is not an issue.  So, I think the 7-'13 is a terrific deal for this use.  Very importantly- it functions without *any* hitches at all... smoothly, seamlessly and apparently flawlessly.

(btw:  Don't forget:  the Go App will automatically delete those oldest lower-res video files from its & the tablet's storage as space is needed.  I am simply compulsive that way ;) .)
2016-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules