Support response?
1215 15 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I have sent a few emails to support sinc eI got my drone nearly 3 weeks ago. I am quite detailed and descriptive in my emails. What has happened so far - I always got a response ,in 2-4 days, pretty much to the effect of:
What do you need help? Can you give us additional information?
What model, what is wrong, what I have tried.
Pretty much EVERYTHING I already provided in the original email.. That's quite annoying... Suggestions?
I deal A LOT with IT support at work, so I am used to pushing vendors to do their job... but here I am just not sure..
How'ws experience for other users? Do you guys ever call? use froums, email?
Thx!

GT

2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience! Could you please provide us your ticket number so we will look into it. Thank you!
2016-4-24
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

I will look if there are ticket numbers. i just sent email from your website - not sure if there was a ticket. Will reply soon. Thx.
2016-4-24
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

I got a good response on altitude inaccuracies #285280 - not the response I wanted, but it it what it is.

the one where I was just asked questions that I think were answered was #278343
1. Ability to take off at airport if I have permission (normally it's disabled due to restricted area)
2. The whole "land immediately if within 20 m radius of home", I wanted to confirm this and see if there's any chance to disable it now, or in the future releases, when I press RTH that is what I mean, if I wanted it to land, I would have pressed land now on the app. Now, I do understand that GPS is not quite as accurate all over the world as we'd like, but still, in my experience between your device and Blade 350, the landing is usually within 6 ft of the takeoff point, often almost on a dot.

I never heard on this one - #285284 -
This was about ability to disable CSC, and never heard on that ticket, but I did hear elsewhere that you guys changed it on P4 to be down throttle and RTH, which i am hoping will become the standard on all after one of the firmware upgrades.

I did send another email, but as I never saw any confirmation, I may have goofed up and not submitted it fully.

Thank you for being concerned. I see a lot of posts here about the service not being very responsive, so I am hoping you guys can improve.

If I have more questions rather than actual pressing issues, what's the best way to deal with it?

Post it here on the support forums?
Post on normal DJI forums?
Send email or do chat via: http://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-3-adv ?

I am getting ready to ask some questions about battery performance as well as signal issues, so I want to submit these right, with all the data I can provide to support to help efficiently.

and I realize, I am a pain, but being a new user, and having crashed a lot of RC aircraft, this one I want to know as much about as possible, to take full advantage of the amazing technology you guys did put into it!

Thx!

GT
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi GT!
We keep working on improvements of our service.
CSC was changed in Phantom 4, but we didn't get any news about other models yet..
If you have questions you can post them on a forum so other folks and DJI reps can help you out, you also can send an e-mail or call us, but forum discussion would be way more interesting IMHO
Cheers!
2016-4-25
Use props
Benjamaa
New

Germany

I am having a really bad experience with DJI, I constantly had a weak RC connection signal when I flew the drone during my honeymoon in South Africa.
I sent the drone back to DJI and now they want to charge me 600 euros for the drone to be repaired, stating that the drone was wet (i flew the drone in summer time in South Africa! and I can't tell you that really took good care of this expensive toy)
They are lying and trying to find any argument not to pay for the mess in their technology, they are lying in every email they send. (when they decide to reply, can take several days)
This is an expensive product associated with the worst customer service I have ever experienced. You should be ashamed for that.
The customer service is now holding my drone (a Christmas present) and won't release it. I am liaising with other unsatisfied owners to go for a class actions.
2016-4-26
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Tim , I've filled the form which they wanted . I've synced the flights with DJI Go App . When will I hear from them where to send the drone and be given a case number . My ticket number is  199878
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

05839 Posted at 2016-4-26 22:43
Hi DJI Tim , I've filled the form which they wanted . I've synced the flights with DJI Go App . When ...

You will hear back from them with further instructions. it may be shortly or up to a day or so.
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-26 08:45
I got a good response on altitude inaccuracies #285280 - not the response I wanted, but it it what i ...

Another good way to get info is to use the search tab and enter keywords and that will bring up all posts with those keywords and may help you find answers.
2016-4-26
Use props
onespeedgo
New

I have emailed support 14 days ago w/ NO response  how can I get assistance?
2016-4-26
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

onespeedgo Posted at 2016-4-26 10:57
I have emailed support 14 days ago w/ NO response  how can I get assistance?

Did u try online  chat? U can also  call in...
2016-4-26
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

So I did open a Support Thread.
Hope it will get looked at soon, and we'll see if DJI has any ideas on how to deal with it, or at least confirm if my unit has some issue or not (like perhaps an antenna connection is loose in the radio or something)....
GT
2016-4-26
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dear DJU Support I've still not heard back from DJI Europe after filling in the forms yesterday . My ticket number is 199878
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

Hey DJI guys, so just for my understanding, is it a handful of you that monitor the forums and involve support as needed, or how does the whole interaction between the forums and actually support work? Just wondering.
And seeing your guys responses on various forums I do appreciate your involvement. It is nice to have the vendor present on a user forum, and it's definitely something more companies should do - forums are "it" for many, anymore.
Thx!
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-27 23:21
Hey DJI guys, so just for my understanding, is it a handful of you that monitor the forums and invol ...

The posts you are making here are handled by the forum support group. We have forum support here and other forums and social media (Facebook).
When you call or email, all your tickets are handled by the DJI tech support reps.
So two different groups of people but with the same goal to help assist you.
If you need a repair,then you would contact support and not forum support although we can forward your info to the support reps.
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

Even on FB? That is nice.
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules