RTH announced, but didn't RTH
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RV7 Flyer
lvl.2

United States

Flying today, with the drone fairly close, the battery level got down to the low battery level and the app announced "Battery Level low - returning to home in X seconds".  I don't remember what X was, 30?  Anyway, I figured, let's just see what it does.

What it did was...nothing.  It just sat there, and sat there, and sat there, beeping away.  Finally gave up and hit RTH and it behaved properly and came back (it was all of a few hundred feet away).

Anyone know why?  I have never heard that timer announcement before (and it appears the app has auto-updated itself, as the look and feel is different lately than it was a few weeks ago).
2016-4-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Check your settings in the app.  In this case, probably 'smart return to home'.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello RV7, it would be better to check this option and try again 智能电量返航.PNG
2016-4-24
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 15:13
Hello RV7, it would be better to check this option and try again

One question. After I had a nightmare with RTH function (the P3S changed to a new home and flew that way!!! I had put another post, uploaded flight record, file a report to DJI customer service on that)  

If I change this option to Hover, would that be safer? My theory is, 9 out of 10 times experience lost signal with RC, its within my eyesight. Hovering at least allow me to get closer and reestablish the link, rather than fly away. What you think?
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-4-25 16:32
One question. After I had a nightmare with RTH function (the P3S changed to a new home and flew th ...

Honestly speaking, it is up to you to select the option. You need to focus on the drone during the flight or may even cancel RTH if necessary. Here are some safety tips for you :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules