333 Exemption question?
648 3 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hmsanchez87
lvl.2

United States

I have a question for those of you that filed your 333 Exemption personally. When you begin your process to submit your petition, what do you put in the comment section? It says required, and I thought you just upload your Petition as a PDF. So I'm a little confused on what to put in the comment section.
2016-4-24
Use props
Jim09
lvl.3
United States

I haven't filed for one but I would assume they're probably asking for a justification... could be wrong though.
2016-4-24
Use props
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

You can write something as simple as "See attached PDF document containing exemption petition" or you can write a more formal letter just explaining that you are petitioning for exemption and to see your full PDF document for all details.
2016-4-24
Use props
paul
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just spoke to my Congressman in DC. They are well aware of the overbearing and expensive nature of obtaining a 333 exemption as it relates to well-meaning, ambitious videographers. They are currently writing new legislation that will challenge the 333. The assistant I spoke to has this issue under his purvue and was very knowledgeable of the issue.

I'm an old IFR/Multi-Engine pilot. My license lapsed years ago, but my understanding and appreciation of up, down, left, right, thrust. drag, lift, AGL, ASL, power, structures, time, speed, distance, pre-flight planning, navigation and airspace remain... and most of all spatial awareness and tactile touch of the controls. In my opinion, I think the 333 is ludicrous. I fully plan to capture drone content and use it in my videos *now*. However, I will not charge a penny more for them. What I am accomplishing is increasing my value proposition in the eyes of current and potential clients. When these arcane regulations bite the dust, the that's another story.
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules