ND advice
2079 22 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ash Mc
lvl.1

Australia

Hi everyone I just got my first drone a Phantom 4. I know I need ND filters.

what ones?
What brand are good?
Where to get them from?

Also

What memory cards do you guys use?

I was looking at the Lexar 32GB pro 1000x or the 1800x UHS-II
2016-4-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Personal preference, I would buy the filters from DJI, they make ones that screw on in place of the UV filter. Get them from DJI directly: http://www.dji.com/
As far as cards are concerned, this is a bit of a minefield, as many cards are not fast enougfh for recording 4K video. My suggestion would be to look at Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro cards, these are the ones most used by professionals. Do not buy the Sandisk Ultra series, not fast enough.

2016-4-24
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Croatia

Best filters imo are Snake River Prototyping. But they are heavier and one person told me they introduced gimbal shake when flying at top speed. I also don't know if they ship to Australia. As already recommended, DJI filters are good and you can get them either from DJI directly or from Amazon. PolarPro or Taco RC are probably best value for money but again, no idea about shipping to Australia.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Ash Mc, here is the link of the official ND filters :http://store.dji.com/phantom-accessories/for-phantom-4
2016-4-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI ones are good but TacoRC are probably the best IMO ( although I have a feeling the DJI and Taco ones are the same in a different shell )..
2016-4-25
Use props
Voodoo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543707 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I use Samsung pro 32gb and work fine.
2016-4-25
Use props
Nelsongc1
lvl.2

I use the polar pro nd filters and I love the.  The phantom 3 series fits on the p4 and use just screw off the stock lens and screw on the proper nd filter for your situation.  I got their six pack and it has multiple filters for different lighting.  It really makes your 4k 24fps video colorful and smooth and i highly recommend them.   Good luck.
2016-4-25
Use props
Ash Mc
lvl.1

Australia

I just order the polar pro 6-pack nd filters thx Nelsongc1
2016-4-26
Use props
kaikee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71325 ft
Singapore

Ash Mc Posted at 2016-4-26 19:32
I just order the polar pro 6-pack nd filters thx Nelsongc1

I bought Polar Pro 3-pack.
But, 1 problem.
There is a step in front which restrict the gimbal lock to fit in properly.
So, if want to install the gimabl lock for transportation, you have to remove the filter.
2016-4-26
Use props
nocturnal_flip
lvl.1

United States

I ordered the PolarPro 3-pack ND filters and it's coming in today... I also use SanDisk Pro 64gb for my memory card...
2016-4-26
Use props
TK-421
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-26
Use props
Ash Mc
lvl.1

Australia

nocturnal_flip Posted at 2016-4-26 22:09
I ordered the PolarPro 3-pack ND filters and it's coming in today... I also use SanDisk Pro 64gb for ...

nocturnal_flip is it the sandisk pro UHS-II or the  UHS-I
2016-4-26
Use props
granne
lvl.1

United States

i cut the front protector off the gimbal lock, and i have the polar pro filters. They are higher quality than the DJI filters too. I really like the graduated filters they have too so you can get ground/sky properly exposed.
2016-4-26
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Ash,

We have a lot of new filters launching specifically for the Phantom 4. The quality of the glass and the frame are very high end and guaranteed for life.

The Phantom 4 Gunmetal Edition filters are available now, and the Phantom 4 Cinema Series filters launch next week.

Jeff
2016-4-26
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nelsongc1@msn.c Posted at 2016-4-25 20:05
I use the polar pro nd filters and I love the.  The phantom 3 series fits on the p4 and use just scr ...

We are launching a Phantom 4 Gimbal Lock next week which fits our filters. If you (or anyone else on the DJI forum) purchase our filters, shoot me an email and I can send you out the new P4 Gimbal Lock.
Jeff.overall@polarprofilters.com
2016-4-26
Use props
nocturnal_flip
lvl.1

United States

Ash Mc Posted at 2016-4-26 06:51
nocturnal_flip is it the sandisk pro UHS-II or the  UHS-I

I got the 64gb SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDXC UHS-1...
2016-4-26
Use props
nocturnal_flip
lvl.1

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-4-26 10:08
We are launching a Phantom 4 Gimbal Lock next week which fits our filters. If you (or anyone else  ...

I got the Gunmetal edition from the PolarPro website specifically for P4... Can I also get a gimbal lock if possible??? Thanks...
2016-4-26
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nocturnal_flip Posted at 2016-4-26 12:46
I got the Gunmetal edition from the PolarPro website specifically for P4... Can I also get a gimba ...

Sure thing just fire me an email!
Jeff.overall@polarprofilters.com
2016-4-27
Use props
dougyfv432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I hope nobody minds me tagging in on the end of this coversation, but as it is titled ND (filter) advice, can anyone explain to a non experienced, (but willing to learn) aerial (or any other type) photographer. What are the benefits of these filters. I have taken some footage of the same place on different days. One day was beautiful sunshine and got nice clear and bright images, second time was a lot more cloudy and "moody" and footage is a bit dark. I guess I need to play with the exposure settings etc, does anyone have tips in laymans terms please and how filters and settings can be used to get better images.

Thanks in advance

Dougy
2016-4-27
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

DJI
DJI
DJI
Lexar 1000x/Sandisk Extreme/Samsung Pro+ or anything with a write speed or 40+/u3 and no bigger than 64GB
2016-4-27
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

China

dougyfv432 Posted at 2016-4-27 22:46
I hope nobody minds me tagging in on the end of this coversation, but as it is titled ND (filter) ad ...

Here we explain, among other things, how and why ND filters are used for video:

http://www.phantom-four.com/maki ... your-dji-phantom-4/

In short, to get to the generally preferred shutter speed of 2 x frame rate.
2016-4-27
Use props
Ash Mc
lvl.1

Australia

dougyfv432 Posted at 2016-4-28 06:46
I hope nobody minds me tagging in on the end of this coversation, but as it is titled ND (filter) ad ...

Have a look at this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-D9DkFV0JI

I just order the pro pack from Polar pro the guys where great

And this one is great " man and drone"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=94qARuAZKoQ
2016-4-28
Use props
OzzieUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66516 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom