Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thanks DJI!
2754 16 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ausidcstaff
lvl.2

United States

Did I buy arguably the worst released product ever?

1. Don't fly your Inspire 1 because:
         i: The IMU isn't working
        ii: You might lose GPS lock
       iii: My personal favorite your prop my fly off please wait for your prop locks that are on the same boat that my additional batteries are on. As well as don't bother us contact your dealer they will be getting them next week. (Anyone want to take bets on this happening)
       iv: Full iPad support What we need to get the app approved? Oh no lets remove all reference to it even though when the product was release it was listed as supported. (Bait and switch perhaps?)
       v: Don't worry we will be releasing Ground Control in coming releases (In 2016 or 2017?)
      vi: Buying an Inspire 1 entitles you to unpaid Beta Tester status.

Anyone else feel like they sunk 3k USD into a piece of art?
2015-1-16
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

I trust DJI to fix these issues very soon.

Nevertheless, I am a bit disappointed by the fact that ,we, the early adopters of this system, are the ones taking the fall.

- Blip

2015-1-16
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

Blip Posted at 2015-1-17 00:40
I trust DJI to fix these issues very soon.

Nevertheless, I am a bit disappointed by the fact that , ...

Will you please stop already with your whining? DJI will solve everything.
2015-1-16
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

I'm happy with my purchase and will buy another one!
2015-1-16
Use props
rainerhauke
lvl.1

Germany

I have no issue with my Inspire, downloaded the latest ios app yesterday.  I am OK for now, but i wonder if anybody from DJI is really loking  into these posts?
Have you seen any official reply from DJI, or is it only us?

2015-1-16
Use props
ausidcstaff
lvl.2

United States

DJI doesn't seem to care about Quality Assurance or Customer Service at all.
2015-1-16
Use props
lusetti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36506 ft
United States

This is what I got from the Dealer I purchased from I was told it came from DJI

Notices:
 Update the firmware to the latest version, otherwise you may not be able to start the motors. If you
are unable to takeoff after updating, perform an Advanced IMU Calibration. This is found in the DJI
Pilot app under MC Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Sensors -> Calibrate -> Advanced.
 Re-link the remote controller to the aircraft if the connection is lost after the firmware update.
 After the update, the aircraft must be powered on and carry out its self-check procedure on a flat,
stable surface. Do not perform the self-check on moving surfaces (such as on the moving vehicles).
 The Inspire 1’s propellers may come off during flight if they are not correctly hand tightened and
environmental factors (including sand, heavy dust, or high winds) cause the motors to stop or slow
down suddenly.
To prevent this, DJI is offering free Propeller Locks to all current Inspire 1 customers. If you ordered
your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased
your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. These Propeller Locks will
become available next week, and DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1
before receiving and attaching the Propeller Locks. Future customers can get Propeller Locks from
the DJI Online Store or at a local authorized dealer

2015-1-16
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

gizadog@gmail.c Posted at 2015-1-17 00:46

I don't know about you but I've received horrible Customer Service. You are happy, good for you. I am not and I am voicing my opinions. DJI cannot solve wasted time.
2015-1-16
Use props
daverm16a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

gizadog@gmail.c Posted at 2015-1-17 00:46

Wow that's quite the statement ...fix everything hmmm. Own lots of their products ..never seen anything like this circus with dji before ! Flown RC for 40 plus years ..
But this unit should Never have been a $3000.00 + presale unit period . Seriously thinking hard now on a
Cancel, shaking transforming legs , first saw that and wondered why they attached the motors to the moving part of the gear this way , a solid separate landing gear could have been a much better choice ..
And it is a circus , lots of non RC people with no clue getting exited with tons of problems and lots of answers with no real solutions that can be counted on .. A phantom two with a Gopro fpv extra batterys and a pro case still costs far less and they are way more sturdy ... Won't be to fun when you get your inspire only to see a New version that's got All the bugs worked out show up in a few more months which will leave inspir first version owners very unhappy ..
2015-1-16
Use props
kmylek
lvl.3
United States

rainerhauke Posted at 2015-1-17 00:55
I have no issue with my Inspire, downloaded the latest ios app yesterday.  I am OK for now, but i wo ...

I agree I also have no issues my inspire 1 is rock solid!!! I'm using an iPad mini 2 with the latest update, DJI Will get this app figured out. I guess if worse comes to worst I'll have to go buy an android.
2015-1-16
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

Here's the deal: If you want the best, most trouble-free product a company can make? Buy it a couple of years after it comes out. If you want to be on the front lines of technology and have the latest and greatest thing? You're going to have to deal with some bugs and issues. Personally, I realize that I need to be extra careful piloting the Inspire 1 at all times. I've had around 15-20 successful flight now and my inspire handles like a dream. I couldn't ask for a better bird. It seems like DJI is trying its very best to put out a great product and deal with all the issues surrounding that product in the best manner possible. If all of you whiners out there were in DJI's shoes, what would you do differently?
2015-1-16
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

daverm16a4 Posted at 2015-1-17 01:50
Wow that's quite the statement ...fix everything hmmm. Own lots of their products ..never seen any ...

People are funny in this forum. I'm not have one issue with mine and Ive been flying RC stuff for a long time. People seem to forget this is a brand new product. Faults come with it.

Whining does not help anything.
2015-1-16
Use props
johanmfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

its worest new products with some many problems !!! goood luck everybody....and dont use INSPIRE 1 without propellers lock !! and need absolut upgrade 1.0.6
2015-1-16
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really think we should have a separate post for just the complainers to keep posting the same old thing over and over so the flyers that want to learn about there product, good or bad.  That way we're not wasting our time reading this junk over and over in different post.
2015-1-16
Use props
p-swieconek
New

United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-1-17 02:01
I really think we should have a separate post for just the complainers to keep posting the same old  ...

New controller, New operating system, New optical flow positioning system, New motors, New Props, New airframe/landing Gear - Should operate flawlessly right out of the shoot ? I didn't buy mine because I wanted it, I had to have it ! It's a quantum leap in technology - be patient ....and proceed with caution. Yes you are a Beta test participant - and if you weren't expecting that, you miss-understood what you were purchasing.
2015-1-16
Use props
asaerong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562769 ft
Indonesia

There is a draft statement about this in the other forum. In summary, the technical problems have been fixed with the new FW. Prop locks should be on the way (until then, minimize the flights if possible.) unfortunately for the app, seems that there will be no date.. and Android might be the way for now.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30499967&postcount=9863

I have no issues with my Inspire 1, love it so much, but grounding it for now waiting for the prop lock (I just don't want to risk it) and might will buy an Android tablet.
2015-1-16
Use props
daverm16a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Zeebadoo Posted at 2015-1-17 01:52
Here's the deal: If you want the best, most trouble-free product a company can make? Buy it a couple ...

Release it to dealers to sell I already trust ... Only When It Has Been Completely Tested and is in perfected
Condition should the inspire have been released , and not a presale program ! Love being at the forefront of some technology but not at the mercy of dji for the complete circus that has been created with the new bird , been into photography and video and flying RC for 40 years , copters ducted fans etc i own lots of dji stuff too and it's been very reliable so far , I did preorder the inspire and with hesitation knowing that there will be a new version out in a few months sooner or later which could be way different than the inspire one First version release , if you got in early when the phantoms arrived and own a couple you'd know what I'm saying is TRUE...
And this will make preorder customers sad when they see down the road their inspire one is not  a perfected unit , and a newer version with maybe new guts inside and different equipment installed will show up soon enough and dji will drop the price as usual after a six months , just like the phantoms ....and the inspire ain't cheap folks at 3000.00 + a second controller, two iPads , maybe an HD video monitor or heads up full hd glasses or goggles , some spare batterys etc. $4,500.00 to $5,500.00 easy ...
So waiting a few more months before getting it now could and probably will reward the patient customers with a really great machine as dji IS at the forefront , just a little premature in the release .
2015-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules