S900 A3 LB2 Thoughts...
2701 9 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neildo-drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1105863 ft
United Kingdom

Currently flying a P3P, looking to get a GH4 up in the air. Used to having all of the modes/OSD of the P3P with lightbridge, so really like the look of the A3 controller. Love the look of the M600 but budget won't quite stretch. Looking for peoples opinions/thoughts and to see if theres any reasons why the following setup won't work as a nice compromise:
S900 with z15 GH4 gimbal, A3 FC, LB2 with two controllers running on 16,000 mah multistar lipos.

Am i correct in saying if i bought the above i'd get the full A3 functionality on screen as per my current P3P lightbridge? Anything else i'd need to purchase? Understand with A3 being so new not many people have experience in this area but i'll happily give it a bash to save splashing on the M600.

Cheers for your help!
{:2_31:}
2016-4-25
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

well...I dont know about the rest of the group but I want to see the A3 out there for a little bit before buying it...If you've been following the 900/1000 group you'd see we are skeptics on new upgrades...
2016-4-25
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I will definitely not upgrade until I see features like Geotag with RTK accuracy.   They have fooled us once, and I will be god damned if they will fool a lot of people here again.   Having all these bells and whistle is great, but the s900 and s1000 looked great when it first came out and then they just abandoned it.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying the gh4, a3 and lb2 setup since November. Its a solid setup but limited on signal camera op. I cant wait to try a x5r on this setup!
2016-4-26
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-4-27 04:36
I have been flying the gh4, a3 and lb2 setup since November. Its a solid setup but limited on signal ...

Blade, what are the limitations? Pan and Tilt?
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-4-27 07:41
Blade, what are the limitations? Pan and Tilt?

Yes a mix of pan and tilt.
2016-4-27
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been tying to get some answers from the arrogance that is DJI!!
I have A2/LB2 on an S1000 and am trying to get some clarification on the future of this combo! NO-ONE at DJI has the courtesy to comment on posts as to the future of this combo which cost me the best part of 2K!!
It has been riddled with problems and is pretty much featureless when compared with Phantom or inspire costing significantly less. IS A2 DOOMED with the introduction of A3 or can we expect some development for the A2?LB2 combo?? The lack of response from DJI would suggest that those of us that bought this cutting edge equipment have been conned in a big way as it has never met expectations or functionality that one would expect from a pro system. Coupled with the fact that DJI are too arrogant to even bother to respond makes me absolutely livid!!
A2 and LB2 is a pup!! DJI should consider those who have purchased this combo, only to find it is redundant after 6 months of traumatic use.
IF A2/LIGHTBRIDGE 2 is obsolete, just let us know!! At least then we can plan what to consider in the future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we need info!!

2016-4-28
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-4-28 14:25
I have been tying to get some answers from the arrogance that is DJI!!
I have A2/LB2 on an S1000 an ...

I couldn't agree with you more.   Its ridiculous that they made the phantom & Inspire have more functionality then their Professional Spread wings.   Another thing,  I personally wouldn't hold my breath on anything being done for the S900 & S1000 series.   They have basically tossed us to the side.  Look at the new ground station.  Not compatible with A2.   I would highly suggest everything thinking about getting the M600 to wait a pretty good amount of time before purchasing it.

RTK gps is no good if you can't get the logs in a usable format, or better yet a ground station with photogrammetry & geotagging capability.  Something that was promised but never delivered.   Photogrammetry tool on the S900/ 1000 Ground station was a joke.
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The a3 will open up all possibilities of the LB2 system. the A2 is older tech but does still support basic functionality. If you are talking about camera control like the inspire and phantom this will never happen do to it not being a DJI camera.

If you want a s900 or s1000 to work just like the inspire or phantom 3/4, you will need an x series camera, a3 and lb2.
2016-5-2
Use props
AIR-Bavarian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 737552 ft
Germany

Can I use the rc ground controll from the m600 for the Lightbridge 2 on my s900?
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules