Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Sweden

Phantom 3 standard Latest firmware.
DJI Go Ap 2.7.2

Since the last 2 firmware updates, I have lost 30-50% distance range. I even tried a Windsurfer antenna today at exactly the same spot as I have flown many of time.
I loose video signal at around 400 meters which didn't happen before, and it not my angle on the antenna. I loose video signal but not remote controle over the aircraft. This makes DJI Go App popup a message asking me if I want to return home, which I wan't since I can't see anything in the display

The aircrafts enters RTH and now I loose remote controle completely, which I have read about can happen since its entering some sort of save mood. I regaing controll at around 200 meters away.

When this happens I get messages that says "strong interferace".

Even have one time I could not get further then a cuppla meters.

All this didn't happen before the last 2 updates.

One flight reaching 787 Meters, picture started chopping at that range but thats okey. (no windsurfer)
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=GENERAL

Same place reaching 561 Meters with windsurfer, total blackout.

This is the shortes one 25 meters no windsurfer.

All thies in almost no wind and sunny.

Reading others posts on the forum about similar issues with the P3S makes me believe that thies connections issues is firmware related.

DJI standpoint would be nice to hear.

And DJI-Paladin don't post the video about getting the most out of the antenna
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

yes this is because of one very basic thing - relink (or rebind) RC to craft..something you should do after every firmware or App update

check DJI video tutorial
2016-4-25
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-25
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Insure you have the latest app version along with the firmware on both the controller and bird.

2016-4-25
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Sweden

Thunderbirdsare Posted at 2016-4-25 21:05
yes this is because of one very basic thing - relink (or rebind) RC to craft..something you should d ...

I will relink and try again. See if that makes any differents.

I have not relinked and I have not reinstalled the APP which I can try.

Any other ideas.

I still am not totally convinced its not a firmware issue seeing many posts about signal loss.
2016-4-25
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Sweden

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-25 21:17
Insure you have the latest app version along with the firmware on both the controller and bird.

And there it is the antenna best practice
2016-4-25
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

Larsaunitz Posted at 2016-4-25 15:46
And there it is the antenna best practice

I just had to beat the DJI folks with my version. {:2_32:}
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

Larsaunitz Posted at 2016-4-26 05:45
I will relink and try again. See if that makes any differents.

I have not relinked and I have not ...

relinking makes a big diff...I had the same issue..."radio interference"...also have the antenna in the correct positioning per DJI manual...straight up , nit out to sides or straight out...
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-26 05:55
I just had to beat the DJI folks with my version.

thats good stuff...the more you info out there the better, talking dogs as well
2016-4-25
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

Thunderbirdsare Posted at 2016-4-25 16:40
thats good stuff...the more you info out there the better, talking dogs as well

I have others. LOL

2016-4-25
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-25 14:55
I just had to beat the DJI folks with my version.

Can't believe you beat Paladin! He has his on "speed dial"
2016-4-25
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

OP I agree w/ you I did some tests today.  I re-linked AC with RC.......flew 1000feet away 200 feet up with GO app........lost video signal. (got bad pixilation while watching on PC via sd card) 1080 30fps  returned home. Shut down go app. Opened litchi app.............flew same route 200 feet up 1000 feet 1080 30 fps........zero video lost..........went all the  way to 2500 away 350 feet up.......zero video signal loss and still had 95% RC signal. When I watched that video on the pc......zero pixilation smooth as silk. The latest GO app FW has issues no question. OH and BTW I had my antennas 90 degrees on both flights. This was with my P3 advanced.  I even did RTH no problems. Maybe DJI need to hire litchi engineers.

Otto

Otto
2016-4-25
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Sweden

bfd300 Posted at 2016-4-26 02:41
OP I agree w/ you I did some tests today.  I re-linked AC with RC.......flew 1000feet away 200 feet  ...

I will try both relinking an buying Litchi and see if that makes any differents.

I will get back in the matter.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Actually the video demonstrates the best RC practice. It also shows the relationship between environmental conditions and transmission quality. That is the basic and most important knowledge of the antennas usage.
2016-4-25
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209537 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-26 08:02
Actually the video demonstrates the best RC practice. It also shows the relationship between environ ...

I also think there's something not right with the latest DJI Go App. I've had loss of video and control (on two flights since the last update). This is flying over empty fields. Also the Video signal graph isn't displayed correctly.
But, the last flight was fine, about 100m up and 400m out. (apart from the graph) so it appears a bit random.
I also tried the App on an old tablet (Tesco Hudl) and the graph was ok, so seems like it's a combination of firmware, android version and  something else.
(This is on a P3A)
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

richmars Posted at 2016-4-26 15:12
I also think there's something not right with the latest DJI Go App. I've had loss of video and co ...

Thanks for your reply. If you meet this issue again, feel free to post here with videos and screenshots.System information of your mobile device is also necessary.
2016-4-25
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

People don't seem to understand one basic thing.  The Dji-Go app,  in fact,  any app,  is not going to cause you to lose control signal to the aircraft. That is an issue strictly between the aircraft and the remote.  You can see this for yourself by simply flying the aircraft without any device at all. You will find that it performs the same way without any device as it does with a device.  The app can cause you to have problems with the fpv from the Phantoms camera,  yes.  Because the fpv relies on the device.  But that has nothing to do with the r/c signal.  
After having experienced this issue myself on a Standard,  and having read countless posts on the subject, it is clear there is a hardware or firmware issue,  at least with the standard.  I do not own a P4,  but I do own an Advanced as well as the Standard.  The Advanced is great,  has always been great and I expect it will be great for quite a while to come.
The posts I have read are right in line with my experience. In every single case,  the Phantom 3 Standard flew just fine,  as advertised,  out of the box. Then,  after 3 or 4 flights,  mostly after firmware updates but there may be a few where no update was done,  the Standard suddenly has a loss of r/c signal,  prompting an automatic rth.  There is no particular set of events that must occur for it to happen. It can happen at 2 feet or 10 feet or 200 feet.  I can be sitting in one spot,  hovering at any altitude,  and the r/c will go from a full set of bars to nothing and rth with no user intervention at al.  You can rotate the craft in one direction or the other and the signal will come and go.  It is maddening.  And,  at least in my case,  it is not any form of radio interference.  I live in a remote area,  I have no neighbors for over a mile,  am near no airport or any other thing that may emit rf interference, and even my wifi router is only 2.4 ghz,  while the Standard uses a 5.8ghz signal for control.  I am pretty well convinced that there is,  somewhere in the rf section of either the Phantom or the r/c,  a cold solder joint or some form of poor connection.  I think it probably is in the Phantom itself,  since turning the Phantom exposes the 2 antenna in the legs of the Phantom different ways.  I no longer posses the test equipment to fully check out my theory,  but I stand by it, based on over 30 years of working in the field of r/f ( radio frequency) electronics,  working on everything from radar and loran systems to ham radio and cellular telephone systems,  and even old uhf and vhf IMTS car phones , from the days before cellular.
But I have said all this before, in many different posts,  and I expect that I will get the same results as I have in all of them. And for the op;  don't hold your breath waiting for meaningful resolution to this situation.  But,  since you are dealing with a P4,  as opposed to my poor P3 Standard,  maybe you will do better than I.
2016-4-25
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

The flights are fine......it does what it is supposed to. But when you you lose video signal  and a prompt that says "weak or no video signal" and it stops recording all by it's self in one app and the other app works perfectly. leads me to believe it"s in the App.
2016-4-26
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check to see if you have the channel in use locked onto one particular channel. You have strong interference on the channel in use. That will kill your range and scramble your video. It may have locked after an update?
2016-4-26
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

Ok I'll check that..  I am not bashing the GO app I really do like it w/ all it"s features but as of now Litchi works better. I hope this all gets resolved.
2016-4-26
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

I was set to ch 20.  I set it to auto........see if that helps.
2016-4-26
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Sweden

bfd300 Posted at 2016-4-26 15:48
I was set to ch 20.  I set it to auto........see if that helps.

To bad you can't set channels on the Standard one.

I will check the Litchi app this weekend and relink the remote to see if I get my distance back.
2016-4-26
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209537 ft
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-4-26 11:57
Check to see if you have the channel in use locked onto one particular channel. You have strong inte ...

I can't on my tablet, that's the bit that isn't working!
As said above, the quad flies well and I love it, it's just the last 1% that will make it even better!
2016-4-26
Use props
meetjoeasian
lvl.2

funny I clicked on this thread...I seem to have been having this problem for a bit...and I'm not sure if I have resolved it...at this moment, I have it narrowed down to my Samsung Galaxy Note 5....I do have to run a few more tests between my ipad and my Note 5 phone....but I was getting everything you mentioned...been driving me crazy.....here's my thread:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=48785&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D368%26typeid%3D368
2016-4-26
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE:     As per Rodgers recommendation. I switched to Auto channel it was set to CH20. Also I read on another thread a guy was also having video issues to try reformatting SD card via Go app.
I did both of those things, went for a test flight.  I flew the exact same route I flew on Monday w/ go app and Litchi app.....Monday w/ Go app I was only able to go 1000ft before video break up and 2500 (no issues) w/ litchi app.
Todays flight w/ Go app I went 2000ft without the slightest burp or blemish.  I am very happy. Granted I do have a lot of cloud cover today and Monday was sunny.
I hope this helps the OP.

Otto
2016-4-27
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Sweden

I did a relink of the video wifi yesterday and I got a little bit  better range but not as far as I would on earlier firmware.

I also booted up and tried the Litchi APP but only went out 100m or so since I don't feel comfortable yet which that one and I read up that there is some sort of RTH bug with 3-party APPS.
I got the feeling that the video preview where smoother on the Litchi APP then on DJI GO.

Will continue testing.
2016-5-2
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

RTH works just fine w/ the Litchi app.  I have used it many times.   
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules