3180 14 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.hinkle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew my Inspire for the first time the other day. Ran it down to about 25% before coming in low when the landing gear automatically lowered. Because of this I forgot to toggle the switch to lower the landing gear. When I went to stow for travel it lowered further than normal. Now everytime I try and raise or lower from travel mode the craft is confused and flip flops in the app which setting it's in. So if its raised the app thinks its lowered and vice versa. This causes multiple issues one of which is I can't update the firmware because it thinks the craft is lowered to travel mode.

Any suggestions? I tried the online help and calling but both were so swamped I couldn't speak to anyone

-Colin
2015-1-16
Use props
DJI-Zach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
China

Hi, Sir, May i know your mail address or cellphone number that way we could contact you first time to help.

Thank you!
2015-1-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You mean raised to travel mode don't you?
2015-1-16
Use props
colin.hinkle
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, yes raised to travel mode. It is confused when it is and is not in travel mode
2015-1-16
Use props
colin.hinkle
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

You can contact me at soaringbadgerproductions@gmail.com
2015-1-16
Use props
bill
lvl.2
United States

When trying to enter "Transport" mode, have you made sure that the copter is on a smooth surface (carpet and grass won't do)?  There was another thread about this.  Evidently, the camera and ultrasound sensors can get confused otherwise.  

FYI, it won't work to lift it in the air first (tried that).  I haven't tried setting it on top of the closed case yet.   
2015-1-16
Use props
colin.hinkle
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the tip. I have tried this on hardwood and tile. The problem is that it is confused on which mode it is in. I really hope there is a reset for the system to get it to relearn.
2015-1-17
Use props
pbofavl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307631 ft
United States

Don't have an answer for you but I do have a related problem.

Toggling the landing gear switch up and down 4 times (dji support told me this was the way to change arm position when pilot app not connected) doesn't seem to work.  They said to switch between up and down in rapid succession 4 times then leave it in the 'up' position to go into travel mode.

But I've not been able to make this works.

DJI, if you are listening, please consider making it easier to go into travel mode, and eliminating the need to have the aircraft on a hard surface.  Somtimes out in the field, there isn't a hard surface available, but you still need to pack up and go.

2015-1-17
Use props
mworsnop
New

United States

pbofavl Posted at 2015-1-17 22:06

Toggling the landing gear switch up a ...

Did you resolve this issue?  Our Inspire has the same problem. 3rd flight and now the gear wont go up or down.  
2015-2-18
Use props
tahosrfr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463182 ft
United States

I might try and reload firmware. I don't think it would hurt.
2015-2-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

pbofavl Posted at 2015-1-17 22:06

Toggling the landing gear switch up a ...

The sequence is down to up and back as one then do it 3 more times and finish in the down position.  
2015-2-18
Use props
mworsnop
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-19 15:07
The sequence is down to up and back as one then do it 3 more times and finish in the down position ...

That sequence does not work from the app or from the remote
Mine now doesnt seem to move at all. And its not a physical thing, like the motor works and the worm gear turns when it wants to.  Something from the signal from the software is not happening.
2015-2-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

mworsnop Posted at 2015-2-19 22:06
That sequence does not work from the app or from the remote
Mine now doesnt seem to move at all. A ...

Then at this point your choice is to contact DJI and send it in for repair.  The servo and worm drive are not user serviceable items.
2015-2-19
Use props
pbofavl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307631 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-19 15:07
The sequence is down to up and back as one then do it 3 more times and finish in the down position ...

Thanks tahoe_ed

I wasn't flipping the switch enough times.

Got it figured out and working now.
2015-2-28
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

I have that and something else now.  It goes all the way down and then all the way back up.  DUH  What am I doing wrong?
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules