Poor stabilization? Or is this normal?
772 3 2016-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
medicdanderson
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys,

I am a pretty new Inspire user and I bought one (Inspire 1 Version 1) used after I had a falling out with the Phantom 4. Let me tell you, so far I absolutely love the Inspire. I have been doing some filming for my workplace for a recruitment video (along with my osmo) and have been having great success with it. I tried my hand at some long exposure shots and they simply turned out pretty junky. I have seen some absolute stunning photos, mainly of large cities with a skyline of large buildings at night, and they say they're shot with their quads like the Inspire. The images are so crisp, so stable and seriously stunning. How do you achieve this kind of stabilization? Not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or if I'm just far from experienced enough to do this type of shooting.

All input is appreciated!
Dan
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Dan! Doing long exposures you don't have to touch the sticks at all, also avoid windy weather.... if you want to shoot cityscapes you also can try HDR photography  
2016-4-26
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hey Dan,

The key is a night that is as still as possible - but even then for every sharp image captured, there will be a dozen that smear out.
Keep trying!
2016-4-27
Use props
medicdanderson
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-27 01:57
Hi Dan! Doing long exposures you don't have to touch the sticks at all, also avoid windy weather.... ...

DJI-Tim,

Thanks for the reply. I definitely will have to try an HDR shoot. I've done some reading and experimenting with it but never really thought about it for a night shoot. Thanks for the advice!!
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules