Overseas and looking to purchase a phantom 4.
3584 7 2016-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
putnamj
New

Japan

Evening,

I'll keep this short, I am military serving overseas (Japan) and looking at possible options to purchase a phantom 4.  While looking at the DJI store the option exist to send APO, however, under that in red text is it could be summed up as they do not ship to APO/FPO boxes.  Spoke with customer service and had the extra conformation that they do not ship this route.  So that leaves me with a couple options that I know.

www.drone-world.com, listed as an authorzied dealer, has the option to ship APO, prices kind of high on their packaged bundles, seen both negative/positve reviews about them and thier customer service.

Use shipitapo/apo box, they replied to my email that they will send the package over, however, they would only ship one battery.

Buy off of local economy, trying to avoid this option since the current yen rate would increase the Phantom 4 cost by $400 ish.

Wait for the local BX to get in the Phantom 3 later this year (Always a model/version behind).

If anyone else is/has been in my position please let me know what route you went, thanks in advance.

2016-4-27
Use props
nocturnal_flip
lvl.1

United States

Are you in Yokosuka???
2016-4-27
Use props
putnamj
New

Japan

No I live in Okinawa.  I found an authorized dealer that will ship over here, now I am just looking at the dji care plan.
2016-4-27
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Why not get it from Apple over the counter ?

http://www.apple.com/jp/shop/pro ... ntom-4-camera-drone
2016-4-27
Use props
joey.lopina
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft

Thank you for your service!!
2016-4-27
Use props
aires6
New
Flight distance : 94242 ft
France

I am stationed overseas as well, Europe, and ordered my PH4 direct from DJI with DJI CARE!
Set yourself up with an APO "transshipper" such as APOBOX.COM this is really easy to do and doesn't cost anything until you ship something.

As all the addresses are US, there are NO issues with DJI Care which isn't valid outside the US.

BTW, using DJI Care while outside the US really works as long as all addresses are stateside, i JUST did it.
Also, this works for ANYTHING you may want to order from ANYWHERE that doesn't ship to APO, like Apple!

2016-4-27
Use props
putnamj
New

Japan

Morning,
Lets see if I can answer these multi quote style.Edit: Looks like I cant.

malvern Posted at 2016-4-28 07:46
Why not get it from Apple over the counter ?

http://www.apple.com/jp/shop/product/HJWF2/dji-phantom ...

Response:  I have not found an offical Apple store here on Okinawa that sells the Phantom 4.

joey.lopina Posted at 2016-4-28 07:49
Thank you for your service!!

Response:  No problem, thank you for the support!

aires6 Posted at 2016-4-28 16:28
I am stationed overseas as well, Europe, and ordered my PH4 direct from DJI with DJI CARE!
Set yourself up with an APO "transshipper" such as APOBOX.COM this is really easy to do and doesn't cost anything until you ship something.

As all the addresses are US, there are NO issues with DJI Care which isn't valid outside the US.

BTW, using DJI Care while outside the US really works as long as all addresses are stateside, i JUST did it.
Also, this works for ANYTHING you may want to order from ANYWHERE that doesn't ship to APO, like Apple!

Response:  I was trying to use Shipitapo since they aided me with multipel shipments in the past and always had excellent customer service, at least for me.  However I ran into a shipping issue with them this time, they were willing to ship only two of the three batteries with the Phantom.  I would have to purchase something else to ship the third battery.  I was about to go this route however the dealer shipped my package out yesterday.  As for the DJI care thanks for that information, Ill just have to use the family/friend support system like in the past.

2016-4-28
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

putnamj@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-28 17:35
Morning,
Lets see if I can answer these multi quote style.Edit: Looks like I cant.

Where are you going to fly the PH4? I just heard that the Japaneses just past a drone law that pretty much put most of the cities in Japan under NFZ.  
P.S. Thanks for your service as well.

Japan Cracks Down on Hobbyist Drone With New Law
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules