1045 3 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the new firmware is it possible to take the inspire out on a boat and takeoff? or does it need to stay level when powered on each time?

2015-1-16
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

I don't know about taking off from the boat but I do know that it is possible to hand catch it on return with the props up and hovering it so you can grab the back battery area. Have done this myself numerous times

-Dave
2015-1-16
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

plenty of space to land (though I would rather be able to hand catch it, but I wouldn't take the risk on the Inspire. 33ft boat
2015-1-16
Use props
ryan.thompsondr
New

United States

So I spent last weekend in Bimini, Bahamas doing a shoot for a stand up paddle board company. I launched all weekend from a 32ft center console Intrepid. I launched from the bow of the boat but could not start the motors until all sensors were zeroed out, meaning the boat had to be perfectly still. Did not matter when I powered up only when the boat would stop rocking for a split second could I start the motors. I also got on live chat with DJI about the issue and they are working on a firmware update to remedy this issue. If you have any questions about my trip email me ryan@aerialodyssey.com. Thanks
2015-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules