Why is RTH Altitude in Meters Only?
610 3 2016-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

Like the title says, I always wondered why, when you select "imperial" measurements for everything, is RTH altitude always in meters? Been that way since I've been flying and has never been changed. Goofy?
2016-4-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No reason ... that's just how it is.
It's like why the manual has hardly been improved or why RTH just lands if iniated within 20 metres..
2016-4-27
Use props
our0borus
lvl.2

United States

Goofy, no.  Annoying, yes that I have to do a quick multiplication by 3 to get a ballpark altitude.
2016-4-27
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Agreed, if everything is in feet, so should be these settings...  all it is, is a little tweak to the app.. the only reason i can think of, is that some of such numbers get transmitted into the DJI, and stay there in case of signal loss - perhaps the actual aircraft deals with meters only? but if so, then the app should do the conversion before sending the data over. Certainly does seem a bit..  not finished up all the way.
On the same venue, when you have your go app set to metric, is your speed in kph or is it in m/s? Sll the speeds are certainly in mph if set to imperial, vs say ft/, or ft/s, which I think is actually a good thing.
2016-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules