Crash after update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mail57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292579 ft
New Zealand

Hi guys,

a week ago I've noticed that my GoApp shows me an firmware update for my Ph3standard, so I updated it, everything looked ok, I tried to fly just for a while inside the house because it was already dark outside and it worked all good. Next day I wanted to take it for a short flight outside, it was all charged, I was flying around for about 5 minutes, just around the house, and suddenly while I was howering about 15 above the ground, in the 40 meters distance, looking into my phone, it just disconected, so I looked up to my drone and saw it just falling down and crash on the ground. It was still on and beeping so I turned it off and collected the pieces, the camera was about meter away from the rest of the body, and few other things broken.

It was just few months old so I took it back to the store and they said they're going to send it somewhere and let me know.

I just wanted to ask if someone else experienced problems like this or I'm the only one.

I'm a bit sad and disapointed because it looked all like new and I was very careful every time with it, so it definitely wasn't my fault.

Thank you for any response.

Andy
2016-4-27
Use props
cryewolf
New

Brazil

friend I had the same problem, I'm trying to prove it to my device exchange. he just got runaway.
2016-4-27
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

did you do an imu and compass calibration  after the update...also reconnect controller...these are the 3 things you should do when you update firmware.
If you can upload your flight logs then someone may be able to see what happened.

2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, Andy. Have you contacted our tech support after the crash?
2016-4-28
Use props
mail57
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 20:07
Sorry for your crash, Andy. Have you contacted our tech support after the crash?

No I haven't, I just took the drone back to the store. Should I send there an email or wait what they say? Thank you!
2016-4-28
Use props
mail57
lvl.1
New Zealand

scarper Posted at 2016-4-28 19:44
did you do an imu and compass calibration  after the update...also reconnect controller...these are  ...

Yes I went thrue the settings and changed and calibrated all the things there, just because I wanted to have everything all right. I'm not sure if you mean this, but I'll try.

2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

mail57 Posted at 2016-4-28 16:41
No I haven't, I just took the drone back to the store. Should I send there an email or wait what t ...

It would be better to sync your flight record and download your flight data from your drone. Then make a description of your issue and send your data to support@dji.com. We will look into it.
2016-4-28
Use props
mail57
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 21:00
It would be better to sync your flight record and download your flight data from your drone. Then  ...

I don't have the drone with me, since I left it in the store I bought it. If I can't get that data another way, I'll have to wait what they say and maybe then try to get it?
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

mail57 Posted at 2016-4-28 17:01
I don't have the drone with me, since I left it in the store I bought it. If I can't get that data ...

You can ask your dealer for downloading your data and then you can send it to support@dji.com.
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules