Why can't our Phantoms glide like a chopper after a power loss?
4696 42 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RV7 Flyer Posted at 2016-5-1 16:04
True enough, but for a first-generation 4-rotor cyclic control system, it's a start.  I'd expect n ...

'True enough, but for a first-generation 4-rotor cyclic control system, it's a start.  I'd expect next-gen versions to have individual drives or perhaps drive shafts from a hub, etc.'

I think the whole point of the exercise that guy went through was to produce a single motor drive systems. However it may also have been a case of building it because he could, more to prove a point that it can fly. The claim of being the first would point to an exercise of aeronautical mechamnics.

'Question for *this* thread is...can it autorotate? '

That is the question. I have a suspicion that with all the linkages, pulleys, belts and gear connecting to the motor, plus the pole locking of the motor, would all conspire to prevent it autorotating at all.
2016-5-1
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

I somehow missed the last little interaction between you guys which I find fascinating.

I may not know what the hell im talking about half the time and have been known to speak out of school and I do try and not do that but the conversation in this thread from my vantage was riveting. Thank you guys!
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules