Manually locking your lens on infinity.
789 2 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

Just wanted to know how many of you set your lenses to Manual Focus and dial in infinity by hand rather than messing about with the GO app's lens calibration every time you swap out? I tried it for the first time the other day after a few of you suggested it and was pleased with the results.

Are there any reasons why this woud be a bad idea? Interested to hear any thoughts on this.

Cheers.
2016-4-28
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

MrSilicon... As long as you are using a fairly wide lens, (12mm, 15mm) and your subject is not 10 or 20 feet away, it's a perfectly good option that insures good sharp focus. The Inspire 1 Pro is fairly new to me so I'm more concerned with getting the calibration right first time and every time so I know I'm going to have that option when I need it and it tends to be a bit finicky so far. I go back and forth between preset and actually focusing when using my DSLR's and wide angle lens also. It's a common practice.
2016-4-28
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-4-28 23:17
MrSilicon... As long as you are using a fairly wide lens, (12mm, 15mm) and your subject is not 10 or ...

I have the Olympus 12mm on most of the time and I have had the AF fail on me several crucial moments so I became quite paranoid with getting the focus sharp. The GO app is still far from perfect in regards to focus and calibration in my opinion, also in some circumstances you won't have a object with high contrast at 50+ meters to set the lens calibration, at the beach for example. Having it locked on infinity on the lens helps me sleep at night ;)

2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules