Time to return it, and wait till they get it right.
2205 15 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

I know everybody was in a rush to get this, like I was. Maybe we pushed the company to release it too soon, with all the bugs and missing options I don't think it's worth it. I sent an email to DJI asking if I  could return it we'll see what they say.
2015-1-16
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

I really don't want to do that, but I might have to, if I'm not going to be able to use it.  

Right now all I have is a statue...
2015-1-16
Use props
david
lvl.2

United States

darmino Posted at 2015-1-17 09:39
Really? " Maybe we pushed the company to release it too soon"  I don't recall anyone on this board s ...

Your right
2015-1-16
Use props
daverm16a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

darmino Posted at 2015-1-17 09:39
Really? " Maybe we pushed the company to release it too soon"  I don't recall anyone on this board s ...

Correctomundo ! Too many features on flying ! Should have been made more like a phantom two with customizable systems for fpv and video transmission , leave the camera and gimble make it 14 mp ..
And get rid of the stupid indoor flight sensor , just more shit to confuse every thing ... To many bells and whistles worthless in my book . And I could write one on the subject ..... Oh and make the retracts separate from the structure that the motors are mounted on ..duh. Geeez , I may be canceling soon.
Damnit knew it was a mistake this new preorder deal ....
2015-1-16
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

No one pushed the company other than the chance to release before Christmas.
2015-1-17
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

Companies have to be responsible, and release products when they are ready, not when their customers tell them to.
2015-1-17
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Don't know about anyone else but I love mine and the way the days and months nowadays the kinks will soon be ironed out
2015-1-17
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-18 09:12
Don't know about anyone else but I love mine and the way the days and months nowadays the kinks will ...

Me too. Just got my Inspire on Thursday and everything is fine after 5 flights during normal weather conditions with less to no wind.
Of course I expect some further firmware and software updates but that's normal in the business. Just have a look how often all your OS, Devices and Apps get updates.
2015-1-17
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

r-preusser Posted at 2015-1-18 09:24
Me too. Just got my Inspire on Thursday and everything is fine after 5 flights during normal weathe ...

Are you using an iPad mini 2 or android. I haven't flown mine since they pulled the iOS app so I'm wondering if it will work. But I did download 0.9.2 lol
2015-1-17
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Yes... Please send it back. Then maybe I can get mine sooner...
2015-1-17
Use props
mjdmike
lvl.3

United States

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-18 09:34
Are you using an iPad mini 2 or android. I haven't flown mine since they pulled the iOS app so I'm ...

9.2 works fine.
2015-1-17
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-18 09:00
Companies have to be responsible, and release products when they are ready, not when their customers ...

Just to to be sure then, you weren't one of the many who were complaining come mid-December "What's the hold-up, DJI? why can't you get your act together and deliver your promised product on time?"

Seems that they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Seems that between those people that can't defer their Instant Gratification compulsion and those that want it 100% right, out of the box, nary a blip of imperfection and delivered on time, the impression one gets when reading this forum and others is that so many are dissatisfied and there is definitely an unsatisfied bunch out there. Yet, I seem to recall that there seem to be very few Inspires going unsold right now. Many are clamoring for them. Can't get them fast enough.

They must be doing something right.
2015-1-17
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

I've downloaded the 0.9.2  version last Thursday evening (German time) directly by the link in the DJI download area. It took around 30 minutes. In the meantime I've updated the firmware. I use it with an iPad Air 2.

The app seems to work quite well ... just coming back from another round today - again good conditions (no wind, slightly sunny)  and NO problems.
2015-1-18
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

Many are clamoring for them. Can't get them fast enough.

They must be doing something right

My point is that despite the demand from their customers, they should have released the product when it's working properly overall.
If DJI made heart valves, and heart valve patients demanded DJI to release the heart valves before they were ready, would they release heart valves that can malfunction frequently? I hope not...

So even though DJI is good at marketing this inspire1 and creating a demand for their product, and a lot of people have their Inspire1 working properly, there is still a high percentage of these devices that are malfunctioning, and not working properly.

My Inspire1 wont connect to the remote, and so far no one at DJI has been able to get it to link back, and it has been a few days of chat support, phone support, and email support, but still no go!

I don't think anyone would be happy about shelling out 3-4k for something they can't use, or depend on. After all the reason why we paid so much, so soon was to get a pro level drone, that is reliable, and dependable.

I don't hate the Inspire1, I just want my Inspire1 to work.
2015-1-18
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Company had a release date, Company set pre orders after beta test. Cant blame disgruntled buyers when they were given the chance to pre order a product that was meant to be sold in full working condition. It was beta tested, er the public wasn't meant to be beta testers.
2015-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules