Phantom 3 Pro or Phantom 4 Newbie
965 8 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmando71
New

Canada

Hello,

Looking at purchasing a drone today, the choices are Phantom 3 Pro or the Phantom 4. The pricing on the 3 is great and includes extra battery, then I have to purchase the case and micro SD card so $$$$ on top of the new Phantom 4. I am a new drone user and this drone will be used for ariel photos, we install solar panels so the pics are amazing from the sky. I have seen footage from the Phantom 3 advanced and they were amazing. I guess the question is do i need the 4 or is the 3 pro more reliable? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian
2016-4-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Unless you are one of those people that have to have the latest of everything,  your best bet, to me,  is the Phantom 3 Pro.  Most of the bugs have been fixed or users have discovered solutions to the problems.  The Pro is a very stable platform with a 4k camera and 24 minutes of flight time ( optimal )  I have a P3 myself,  and I have no complaints with it at all.  In fact,  I have 2 P3's. There are a ton of posts about the growing pains the P4 is having, but they will eventually get them mostly solved.  So, really, the main difference at this point is price,  and the price now on the Pro and Advanced is amazing.  Even if the value of mine did go through the floor because of the P4 release,  I was not planning on selling them anyway.
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Bmando71, you can make a comparison in this link http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
2016-4-28
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

4 questions to help you decide ;)

http://www.phantom-four.com/should-you-buy-dji-phantom-4/
2016-4-29
Use props
david
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146293 ft

and once you made your decision and purchased the drone head over here: http://wheretoflydrones.com/how- ... s-using-your-drone/  
2016-4-29
Use props
bmando71
New

Canada

Thanks guys, I work in the Solar Industry and will be using it survey jobs throughout the project, i may try to make some cash on the side if the opportunity comes up, so i need a reliable unit. Need to decide and order something, It's either the Advanced, Pro or 4,
2016-4-30
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

Phantom 3 pro.  
2016-4-30
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spend an hour reading the forum. What you are looking for is problems posted about the P3P and the P4. Consider what product produces the most problems, weigh out what type of problems are common with each aircraft and make the wisest decision.
2016-4-30
Use props
lvl.2

China

If you have no need for 4k then consider the p3 advanced. I think it's a very capable drone
2016-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules