Anyone have pointers on how to decrease the stabilization?
644 8 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdetrinis
New

United States

Is it possible to decrease the stabilization of the osmo so you get more camera shake? I know its a weird question but I was wondering if it's possible or if anyone has tried to accomplish this. I have the x3 off the Inspire 1 and the x5 as well.

thanks
2016-4-29
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

just don't unlock the gimbal
2016-4-29
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

darkjudicator Posted at 2016-4-29 10:36
just don't unlock the gimbal

Would strongly advise NOT to do this , as the gimbal will constantly try and calibrate itself and would lead to motor overheating and damage !
2016-4-29
Use props
doudas
lvl.2
Germany

Why not add camera shake in post?
2016-4-29
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-29 17:42
Would strongly advise NOT to do this , as the gimbal will constantly try and calibrate itself and  ...

As I know if the gimbal is locked, Osmo doesn't try to calibrate it and I'm already did several timelapses with locked gimbal without issues. The only problem is that annoying sound alarm when the gimbal is locked.
2016-4-29
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

darkjudicator Posted at 2016-4-29 12:49
As I know if the gimbal is locked, Osmo doesn't try to calibrate it and I'm already did several ti ...

Alarm is there for a reason , not unlike driving off down the street with a door not properly closed , alarm .

The fact that you have got away with it , a few times , beggars belief .

Why would you want to do timelapse with gimbal locked anyway

Please don't bother to respond to that .

Not interested .

Oh and good luck with your warranty with DJI , when your Osmo packs up !
2016-4-29
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-29 22:59
Alarm is there for a reason , not unlike driving off down the street with a door not properly clos ...

Nevertheless
http://forum.dji.com/thread-37503-1-10.html
2016-4-29
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

darkjudicator Posted at 2016-4-29 17:57
Nevertheless
http://forum.dji.com/thread-37503-1-10.html

Massive difference in locking the gimbal through the app as opposed to , just don't unlock the gimbal .

Not trying to be picky , just don't want anyone who's probably saved money , waited and received there brand new bit of kit , to be potentially ruined by information that could be mis read .
2016-4-29
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

You can physically lock the gimbles and use the camera/video, but you will have a annoying beeping sound, and you will have to rotate the handle 90deg to get a upright footage.
2016-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules