Follow Me mode?
1076 9 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I still can't find a video, tutorial or anything on youtube to demostrate P4's FM. Not to be confused with P4's AT mode.
Is there anyone out there
I've post the link below to demonstrate my problem

Come on DJI or anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong!

2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello k.lower, could you describe your issue here because it seems the google doc link doesn't work. Besides, it is very easy to use FM mode in P4: IOC1.PNG IOC2.PNG
2016-4-29
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-29 11:21
Hello k.lower, could you describe your issue here because it seems the google doc link doesn't work. ...

Thanks for the reply.
I've reposted the video to youtube so I hope that link works.

2016-4-30
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-29 11:21
Hello k.lower, could you describe your issue here because it seems the google doc link doesn't work. ...

Hi Paladin.
Comparing screen shots they look significantly different: F-GPS, only showing 10 sats, no collision icon, etc.   
What Phantom are you using?
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

k.lower@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-30 19:37
Hi Paladin.
Comparing screen shots they look significantly different: F-GPS, only showing 10 sats, ...

Thanks for you patience, k.lower. Here I'd suggest you to try FM mode with IOS devices. I'll pass this issue to our developers.
2016-5-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

k.lower@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-30 21:37
Hi Paladin.
Comparing screen shots they look significantly different: F-GPS, only showing 10 sats, ...

I think DJI-Paladin posted a shot of the screen for the P3 Follow Me function. But the principle is the same, it follows the RC unit, which must be equipped with a phone/tablet that has a GPS receiver built in. It is more difficult to use than the P4's object tracking mode though.

This is a tutorial on how to use it: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#video

2016-5-2
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-3 07:42
I think DJI-Paladin posted a shot of the screen for the P3 Follow Me function. But the principle is ...

Hi Geebax.
Yes not only is it not the P4 FM mode which is what the thread is about, it has to be some new quantum field camera, able to take photos of its self  from the ground when 22m in the air.
Got to get one of those.
Did you check out my video above and can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? PS your link is for a P3. Do you have one for a P4?
2016-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

k.lower@hotmail Posted at 2016-5-3 20:20
Hi Geebax.
Yes not only is it not the P4 FM mode which is what the thread is about, it has to be so ...

No, I have never seen the screen on a P4, but I do remember someone mentioned the principles were the same, and they are mostly. But as to why yours is not working, very puzzling. It appears to be getting a strong signal from the RC device, according to the dialogue box, but is not acting upon it. I am afraid I cannot help you with that.

2016-5-3
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-3 11:37
No, I have never seen the screen on a P4, but I do remember someone mentioned the principles were  ...

One possibility is that the P4's FM mode doesn't work. Is this another case  of mis-selling?
2016-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

k.lower@hotmail Posted at 2016-5-3 20:44
One possibility is that the P4's FM mode doesn't work. Is this another case  of mis-selling?

Interesting point. All you ever see are people using the AT mode. I guess someone may come along here and say if they have tried it and whether it works or not. Stay tuned!
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules