Powerline inspection
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_droneMan
lvl.1

Norway

Hello.

Im going to try taking picture of isolators on powerlines and im going to be 5-7 meters away.

What would you reccomend and why.

1) DJI Inspire/M100 with x5 zoom lens?
2) DJI S1000 with sony a7?

On one hand im thinking the picture quality and stability will be better with an S1000.
On the other hand the I1/M100 is smaller and much more handy

Thoughts?

2016-4-29
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft

I would look at going with a phantom 3.  very small package to pack around and very affordable in case of a misshap.  If the area you will be flying is more windy, look at going for an I1 for more stability.   The x3 on the I1 and the phantom 3 camera are basically the same.   What details are you trying to capture from 5m?  You might find that 12MP is more than enough at that distance.

If you absolutely need more than 12MP photos then moving into a s900/s1000 is needed.  However there is a new new kid on the block called the matrice 600 that you might want to have a look at.  You can drop a Full Frame DSLR on any of these systems and capture amazing photos.
2016-4-29
Use props
redfish
New

Canada

Hooks Posted at 2016-4-30 01:45
I would look at going with a phantom 3.  very small package to pack around and very affordable in ca ...

Don't get too close to the power lines, you might lose control...
2016-4-29
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

redfish@netrevo Posted at 2016-4-30 01:58
Don't get too close to the power lines, you might lose control...

And use Atti...dont use GPS mode:
2016-5-7
Use props
JardCrocker
New

United States

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the x3 on the I1 and the phantom 3 camera are basically the same.   What details are you trying to capture from 5m?  You might find that 12MP is more than enough at that distance.
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules