Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cell 4 minor deviations approaching 50 and calibration voltage
753 9 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott.wilson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1621759 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

I have 3 batts all done 30 ish flights and my p4 has ~9 hours in the sky

Ive noticed that the 2 batteries I bought from the Applestore both always show 20/30/50 mdpm (minor devs per min) on cell 4 - is this cell 4's proximity
to the mb or does cell 4 get a bit more load taken from it for a component ?

The battery that came with the quad has very vert few of these on cell 4

Also .. I see 3 conflicting views across the forum on calibrating batts some say (opens hornets nest of ... oh you should only deep discharge on a full mooooon)
run down to 8%/cool/ch
run down to 0%/cool/ch
run down to 4.3v/cell when it turns off/cool/ch

Many think 4.3 is too close to damaging the cells (i do too having used them in my planes and helis for years)

TIA

ps Love my P4 .... Ive .. ive ... ive got nothing to complain about and that makes me cross fab fab product the best rc model ive owned
pps DJI - Many thanks for great documentation (which i did read 5 times due to my OCD), support on this forum has helped me a lot and my BOGOF Batteries that arrived
today after i only ordered them 2 days ago.

2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have always ran my batteries down to autolanding. This should be enough to calibrate the packs. If it is not then you must run them down until the craft turns off. Let cool and then recharge, the packs should now be calibrated.
2016-4-29
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

how do you know the stats? From dji app or some other place?
I already replaced one battery based on this, via healthydrones. The original battery seems happy. I just got 2 more that I did not fly on yet.(I am on P3 Adv. not P4)
GT
2016-4-29
Use props
scott.wilson
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-29 22:09
how do you know the stats? From dji app or some other place?
I already replaced one battery based o ...

yes I have a subscription to HD. Eran commented when I asked him about it that it is a known effect to see a small spike in minor devs on cell 4 . But I dont get it on the original battery. I bought the other 2 from the applestore also so I may just get them replaced. Last night, one of them was in the brown again (>50) on cell 4.

thanks for the comments ; appreciated.
2016-4-30
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

DJI actually did finally issue me an RMA for the battery, but I ended up replacing with Amazon. will see what happens. I figured if it's a suspect, and within replacement window, why not take advantage of it....
Good luck with yours, and thank you for sharing that info.
GT
2016-4-30
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-4-29 09:12
I have always ran my batteries down to autolanding. This should be enough to calibrate the packs. If ...

Well, autoland can be setup - it's the "critical low", so what is your set to? On the older RC crafts, especially the ones without ESC it was possible to run the aircraft down till it could not fly, but that was often too much of a drain on the battery; now with the brushless, and ESC, and all the systems, especially on advanced aircraft like Phantom, it is all software controlled...
Normally I'd want to not get much below 3.7 per cell, in the old days....
GT
2016-4-30
Use props
scott.wilson
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-30 22:00
Well, autoland can be setup - it's the "critical low", so what is your set to? On the older RC cra ...

just 10% stock but agreed 3.7 is about the bottom of where i usually go for cal
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-1 05:00
Well, autoland can be setup - it's the "critical low", so what is your set to? On the older RC cra ...

As we talked about before, your battery is totally fine.
2016-5-1
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-1 08:44

What is a DJI definition of a bad battery, or battery at risk?  Do you guys look only at consistent cell differential or are the some other things that dji app looks at?
I agree, we are probably ok, in this as well as my previous thread, but the question will come up and again as long as healthy drones, and other such log analyzers see the stats and do some work with them....
Having an example of what DJI app says when it sees aq suspect battery, would be cool.
2016-5-1
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-1 08:44

Also, what is DJIs take on "running battery down" every so often? Do you guys agree, and if so, is there a specific % that would be healthy to run the battery down to? Normally I usually do not endup running below 25%....
2016-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules